Happy Birthday Marines!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dr. Zhivodka, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Try "With the Old Breed" Eugene Sledge. It's in paperback, and it's an unbelieveable description of Peleliu and Okinawa. Yu see the late Dr. Sledge on some HIstory Channel stuff. The best I ever saw was "Hell in the Pacific." Every get a chance, watch it. The Japanese of that era were side by side w/ Islamic fundamentallists of today.

In the old days, the Marines got what the Army handed down. They were using 01 Springfields on Guadacanal. In Vietnam, they humped m14's in 120 degree heat. Never could understand why the country put guys in harms way with antiquated equipment.

#31     Nov 12, 2006
  2. u are not to blame.your leadership sure is. alqaida? nobody gives a damn about it, the longer obl stays at large the merrier for the bush's agenda.

i dont care how the muslim live, that's their choice. u are in denial hapa, foreign policies have provoked the muslims and created more extremists than ever before. if somethin' the world is a much more dangerous place now than it was before the iraq invasion.

#32     Nov 12, 2006
  3. Do you know what the Muslim Brotherhood is? it was formed post wwII to funnel monies to Muslim extremists. How in the world do you think French Muslims riot for weeks on end? Don't you think it takes money?

Their plan has been, and is, world domination. Saying our actions create radicals is like saying you saw a cockroach, and it's the only one. Is Iraq the best place to fight it? Don't know. History will tell us. But this thread is about Marines. Remember?

#33     Nov 12, 2006
  4. strawman arguments to justify why we are in iraq. look, un know u'll be proven wrong, infact the case for a vicious and counterproductive' war is strenghtenin' day by day and the public has already spoken and out loud against it in the elections; u represent the defeated minority and yet u think u are right?

#34     Nov 12, 2006
  5. I am not in denial, and you are incredibly ignorant.

Radical Islam has been targeting and killing Americans and Westerners long before we invaded Iraq.

It appears that your resolution to the problem of a rattlesnake being in your house would be to tiptoe gingerly to avoid provoking the rattlesnake instead of eliminating and removing it. And if it bites and kills a few members of your household - well, don't blame the rattlesnake. After all, it must have been provoked and only wants to be left alone. Better to just leave it be wherever in the house it's at, and abandon that particular bedroom to it. Uh-oh, only one problem, though. More rattlesnakes are joining it, and they're starting to crawl out of that bedroom. Guess you'll have to abandon the whole house then, huh?

#35     Nov 12, 2006
  6. what a demented argument, typical neokunt thinkin', in the same line of your adored testa di cazzo bush. extremists and fanatics didnt exist in iraq before we invaded, we fuckin' made sure to create a perfect breedin' ground for terrorists pourin' in from iran and syria...those guys were NOT there before, CAPISCI COGLIO'?
    oh that's right...we need to fight them in iraq so that we dont have to fight them here....my gawd u are beyond help.

#36     Nov 12, 2006
  7. I care very much how Muslims live ever since they stated that by virtue of the fact that I am a Westerner, I am eligible for beheading in the name of Allah. Just in case you forgot, that was before the war in Iraq, and in case there's any doubt, check the internet for footage of Muslims beheading innocent Western civilians in order to send a message to the U.S.

You mean the foreign policies that were enacted after the Muslims declared total war on the Western way of life and vowed to create a worldwide Islamic state and murdered thousands of innocent civilians in the name of Allah and told us that all Western civilians are targets and should be beheaded? You mean those foreign policies?

You may or may not agree with the prosecution of war in Iraq, but it is simply naive to say that 'The Radical Islamist's way of life is their own choice' and that therefore we should just leave them alone, or that 'foreign policies' have provoked Islamists. Their leaders are the ones have provoked them, and it just so happens that many of them are nutbags who will strap a bomb to their bodies and blow themselves up at the drop of a hat. They don't seem to have that mechanism that the rest of us have, the one that causes us to stop and say 'Wait a minute...'

#37     Nov 12, 2006
  8. Flytiger is spot on. Why dont you re-read the title of the thread.

Take your rhetoric elsewhere. This thread is about honoring my brother Marines that gave all they had. Regardless of your opinions. Is the Iraq conflict a total cluster F? Clearly. But thats for another thread.

No class whatsoever. I bet you would get drunk at a funeral and knock over the casket.

#38     Nov 12, 2006

9. you are a freak, i made a post in respons to hapacrap idiotic mantra of voters lettin' marines and their aspirations down when it is clear all of 'em want out. i hate seein' coffins comin' home instead of alive youngsters lookin' forward to see their wives and young sons, u and all the other mogoloids supportin' this war on the other hand are ready to sacrifice further lives to accomplish the impossible and when i read this thread like when i see those coffins the first thought that comes to my mind is that all that was avoidable if it wasnt up to that sadistic animal of bush and his supporters, so if u really wanna show some appreciation for those marines begin to question the occupation and speak out loud against it so to pressurize our leaders to make 'em come home without furhter loss of lives. so now, take your arrogant misguided comments and stick it up your ass, scatface.

#39     Nov 12, 2006
  10. The war in Iraq (or more accurately, what it became), will probably be seen by historians as a mistake if they look through the filter of 'the best thing to have done to combat the war on terror and secure the U.S. homeland'. But this thread was about a bunch of guys saying happy birthday to the Marines, and you started the talk about Iraq with the post above. Before you made this post no one had mentioned the war in Iraq.

Indahook merely said you should take your anti-war opinions somewhere else. Of course, you have a right to post whatever you want, but so does he. If you have such respect for the troops, why not start a new thread and say

"I saw a thread celebrating the birthday of the Marines. I honour those who serve too, but I am violently opposed to the war in Iraq"

Wouldn't that reflect your respect better than what you're doing here?

In terms of the language you use, you could try posting like an adult instead of a teenager and drop the weird usages - that might help if you're trying to be taken seriously.

#40     Nov 12, 2006