Happy Birthday Jesus!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Pension_Admin, Dec 25, 2009.

1. 5) Paul respected the rights of Philemon, as allowed for by the secular laws of the time, and knowing that the Philemon was also a household of faith, sent [ by the willing acceptance of Onesimus himself] Onesimus back to Philemon with the letter of introduction we now call the Epistle of Paul to Philemon.

Barthvader, you do not see how this is evil? Why Paul respects Philemon "rights" to own a person, but have no compassion for Onesimus slave? This is why: "and knowing that the Philemon was also a household of faith,"...
    Like a cult.

#31     Dec 26, 2009
  2. So much time spend on Paul... you seem to forget the main teaching of Jesus Christ.

How could you imagine for only one second that Jesus, and more the All could accept slavery ? Don't you see how the physical needs of the secular order of the time would have done anything to not remove what they thaught to be their given right?

The real question to your "evading slave" problem is what YOU would have done if it happened to you ?

#32     Dec 26, 2009
  3. stu

stu

Given right? Isn't that what you Bible thumpers, not secular law, are supposed to have, and why God Bods want people to follow Jesus, because the secular order is basically wrong?

It's perfectly clear neither God nor Jesus would remove slavery. On the contrary, it is condoned, sanctioned and advised about throughout the Bible, the so called word of God, on how slaves are to be admonished and punished.

Have you even read the thing?

Of course Jesus accepts slavery. He is the lunatic character who invented eternal suffering as a means to "love" people. Even God hadn't thought of that one.

#33     Dec 26, 2009
  4. Wallet

Wallet

I knew when Barth posted this most here would not understand, as they are themselves slaves without knowing, evident by their spiritual blindness.

Pearls before swine.

#34     Dec 26, 2009
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

If Paul wasn't spreading the teachings of Christ, why was he given so much space in the New Testament? Paul was the first person to write about Jesus; his epistles predate all of the Gospels. What does that tell you?
    This begs the question of why your "omnipotent" god did nothing to end slavery himself?

As far as the "evading slave" problem, I prefer the excellent example of Spartacus as to how to stand up for what's right.

#35     Dec 27, 2009
  6. stu

stu

Thing is, you can carry on blindsiding and re-interpreting obvious callous and immoral christian doctrine as if it meant something else, but it won't alter the fact that it is callous and immoral.

For one I'm very glad I don't "understand" how the Bible, in deliberately violating accepted principles of right and wrong, is supposed to be good.

If you want to cast pearls, first find some pearls.

#36     Dec 27, 2009
  7. Jesus

Jesus

Hey thanks man.

I went to the steak and shake for the day and of course moses had to emberass me by making the waiters sing the Happy birthday song.

#37     Dec 27, 2009
  8. Jesus

Jesus

No, I'm a contrarian. I turn water into wine not water into more water.

#38     Dec 27, 2009
  9. Chuck Norris turned that wine into beer.

#39     Dec 27, 2009
  10. Your omniscience is slipping...........

#40     Dec 28, 2009