Happy Birthday Jesus!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Pension_Admin, Dec 25, 2009.

1. He doesn't need to trade. He would most likely have a huge winery by the sea.

#11     Dec 25, 2009
  2. whats there to be angry about? the facts are what they are. what a person believes has no effect on the evidence.
    i am kind of bored today. i am stuck in the middle of the biggest blizzard since 1968. all travel is shut down. just sitting here amusing myself surfing the internet.

#12     Dec 25, 2009
  3. 2000 years from now harry potter might be the new deity. much has been written about his magical powers.

#13     Dec 25, 2009
  4. pspr

pspr

Yes, happy birthday to our lord and savior even if this isn't the actual date.

To those who would like to spoil Christmas for the Christians here, please start your own athiest thread or whatever instead of trying to bring other people down. Many of us are sad that that is all you have. And, at the very least try to get your facts straight.

#14     Dec 25, 2009
  5. ok i will bite. what "facts"would you like to debate?

#15     Dec 25, 2009
  6. John 3:16

"God digs us so much that he sent his only son down to earth to save us from become Jewish."

Nothing wrong with Jewish, but I can't afford kosher foods and the "an eye for an eye thing" is kind of harsh.

#16     Dec 25, 2009
  7. I tried to bite my tongue however I can no longer remain silent on reading this thread. Its amazing how someone will so vehiamitely go out of their way to refuse such a gift that Christ was. I can not help but think that we are all accountable for our thoughts and actions and your words. Even if Christ the risen Lord was not real what did he teach that was so offensive? So he taught to put others first and be a servant to them. He taught to love and be kind. He commanded us to love our neighbors. John the apostle mentioned the word love 88 times in his epistles. My question is why? Why is it so important to remember love. Scripture says that God is Love. So therefore when we experience love we are feeling God. Anyone with kids can understand true unconditional love. All you have to do is hold them once and understand that your love for them has no bounds. So if God is love and he gave his son for our sin to bring redemption back into our relationship with him, and you find it offensive and feel you must fight to make people understand your foolishness than I am extremely saddened for you. Today is a day that we can all celebrate for those that believe that something greater than ourselves was offered to us as a gift. I am sorry that you are offended at such a "ridiculous" story that is presented in scripture. I too once felt like you and actually took the time to read the scripture and let the word of the Lord soak upon my heart. Its amazing what he can do when you actually let him.

#17     Dec 25, 2009
  8. grow up already. its a myth. just for kicks lets pretend its real. when gods book tells us how he murdered every living thing on earth is he demonstrating unconditional "love"?

#18     Dec 25, 2009
  9. good one

#19     Dec 25, 2009
  10. Are there still people so uninformed that they don't understand facts are less important than mythology?

#20     Dec 25, 2009