Happy Birthday Elvis!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BSAM, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I voted for him in the Primary. BUT by the time the election rolled around it was obvious he could not win. So why help put a democrap in office? But I do not disagree with your point.

#11     Aug 16, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

People love to say this, as though everyone is going to just choose not to vote because the candidates are weak. If i choose not to vote because i think 2 candidates are weak, i can basically guarantee that the person i hate the most gets elected.

So while it really sucks that we are forced to choose between the lesser of two evils most of the time, we would be causing ourselves much more pain by simply not showing up, because someone will always show up to vote for one side or the other, and generally the bigger A-holes always have somewhat of a religious following.

Example. Obama.

None of this will change until politicians push people to the point of violent revolution, and we get rid of all these clowns.

#12     Aug 16, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I can't speak for "people". I can only speak for ol' BSAM. I say it because I believe it. And, there's millions who believe the same. Scary, huh??? My hand just won't vote for these thugs/paid off losers.

#13     Aug 16, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Unfortunately, as long as 1 person is willing to vote, it does not serve you any benefit by not voting. I fully agree with the premise that they are pretty much all assholes, but simply not showing up to vote doesnt solve a thing, so long as 1 other person is willing to vote, you will lose every single time, and even if 1 person doesnt show up to vote im sure both sides have put in enough fradulent votes for themselves that someone would come out with votes.

#14     Aug 16, 2011
  5. BSAM

BSAM

And what got solved in 2008 when all those folks showed up to vote? And what would it have mattered if old confused John McCain could have won?

If I have an apple with a worm in it and trade it for your apple with a worm in it, what difference does it make?

#15     Aug 16, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Not much in this example, this is actually an example where it was basically 50/50 McCain would have added even more to the wars, and probably gotten us into a war in Libya with troops on the ground.

Obama saddled us with all kinds of new regulations, a shit stimulus bill, Obamacare, and crushed the economy, so the case you picked is actually pretty good, they were both unfathomably bad, and i actually stayed home in this election. You got me on this one. :D

However for the most part you can find a guy who will cause less damage, and as it pertains to Obama, both Romney and Perry will be far more competent than Obama, even though they are not perfect.

#16     Aug 16, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! But, thanks for your honesty, Maxie. You're coming along nicely. And, of course, I am not charging you any fees.

Maybe Michele Bachmann can come along and clear everything up for us here on this very thread.

Happy Birthday Elvis! LOL

#17     Aug 16, 2011