Happiness

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hkrahra, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Like I always said, "Do what's good for the earth, and everything will take care of itself."

No matter what question anybody asks you, you will always know the right answer, whether it's political, or economic or social.

Once you realize that what is good for the earth is good for you and me, there is never more a question of what to do.

#61     Jan 29, 2012
  2. true, at times, even the good guys need to be completely eliminated becaue they are so full of shit

otherwise, shit is not a vulgarity, it started as a stamp on cargo which meant " Store High In Transit" which they just shortened to S.H.I.T. due to the fact that manure (which was the backhaul) got very volatile when it got wet, and even an innocent seaman lighting his tobacco pipe could blow up a whole ship if the methane from the wet shit got ignited.

#62     Jan 29, 2012
  3. hkrahra

hkrahra

Had the every living person had another wish as powerful as sexual,the Earth would end up long ago.If you could manage your sexual wishes,and use it as it is said in the instruction only.Oh,you can't even imagine how happy you'd be.

Sex is to produce children only.Now that is the real devotee!

:D

#63     Jan 29, 2012
  4. hkrahra

hkrahra

Haha..

No.It is the four basic principles of life.

Grihastha ashrama is a phase when you get married and produce children.

#64     Jan 29, 2012
  5. As I sit typing this, my dog, who has been a constant companion for the last 10 yrs + is lying on her beanbag in front of the heater and snoring heavily. She's doing this because her heart is weakening and fluid is building in her lungs gradually. She also has problems with her back legs now and often falls on stairs etc. Her farts are atrocious but I love her. And she will be dead within a year or two. Gone forever. But I have lovely memories from all the walks we have been on and places visited. Trading from home has meant I've never had to leave her for very long on her own and we've formed a strong bond over the years. my partner and I have no kids.
    I don't know what happiness is. Perhaps it's an illusion that can make us unhappy because it's something else we think we have a right to? We can torture ourselves because we aren't happy. It's a silly sounding word anyway, I think. Compassion sounds better. And the brevity of life that makes the moments that make you smile all the more important. We feel we should always be making plans and striving for something 'better' but perhaps the reality is playing a game with your kids or dog in the sunshine is as good as it gets?

#65     Jan 29, 2012
  6. I picked up a beagle on the side of the road out in the middle of nowhere. Well heck, the whole thing was a big scam. It was a Saturday afternoon and as soon as I stopped to check on the dog a big shiny red SUV stopped and a lady got out and asked, "Are you going to pick up that dog?" and I said well, he must just be lost because he is certainly not starving. and she said, we work for the animal shelter, and we are closed for the weekend, but if you pick him up and take him home and bring him to the animal shelter Monday we gurantee you we will not put him to sleep.

well hell,you keep a dog for a weekend and you are going to keep him for life

Laugh if you want, I know most traders are all big shit about their breed of dogs, but a beagle (or in this case a beagle mix) is one healthy dog. No problems with eyes or skin or breathing because of over breeding.

at anyrate, if you wanted to talk about anything, didn't matter if it was the difference between options and futures, or income taxes versus sales taxes or especially the problem with women, that dog didn't say much, but it would listen.

I'm kind of a hermit and in real life don't say much, but that dog and I had some good conversations before G-d rest his soul he thought it was his job to protect the property, and the cyotes got him.

#66     Jan 29, 2012
  7. otherwise, if you know anything about kundalini, get yourself some good pot and some good acid and find a friend with a good stereo and some good blacklight posters and you can easily blow your mind out to the point where you will never ever agian fit in.

and the music doesn't even have to be that good. Led zepplin is just as good as John Coltrane.

#67     Jan 29, 2012
  8. trying to recapture the experince straight is what makes most people of my generation kooks.

They try everything from kayaking to skydiving.

Fiddling on Monday, yoga on Wednedsday, cooking class on Thursday

trading becomes more meaningful than actually doing something of purpose

I don't know about these young kids today

They seem to be more concerned about paying the bills than they do about being happy

they just don't know what it was like to grow up in a world where everything normal was easy

grow up like that and you will start searching for something like happiness

what do happy people search for? Probably the bad ones search for power and the medium ones search for sex and the good ones?

#68     Jan 29, 2012
  9. that's why I like Greek music. It's a very balanced blend between eroticism and spirituality. they recognize that a man needs to get laid, have a family, love a woman, but that he also needs more.

#69     Jan 29, 2012
  10. so getting back to politics, the problem is loss of memory. Losing the memory of what it was like when you wanted it and forgetting that you already have it.

#70     Jan 29, 2012