Happines is about servitude.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

It doesnt matter who you serve, whether it is democrats, republicans, christians, muslims, etc. Whether you are rich or poor, the best most fullfilling thing you can do is serve someone else, or help a fellow human being, yesterday a veil of anger which i had held all my life as a successful business person was lifted from me, today i went out and served some homeless people at the shelter, i have never felt better about myself. I have spent 90% of my life fighting with people, and im sick and tired of fighting for nothing, please i encourage you go out and just make someone elses day. I can assure all my right wing friends this does not mean donating your life savings, just do something for someone, i can assure all my left wing friends it does not mean government intervention, just do something for someone, i promise everyone i have met on this site you will feel a million times better about your self if you just go outside and help someone out, help anyone out, i never realised how simple it could be until today.

2. Matthew 25:35

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me...whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

3. Hello

Hello

I have never been religious, nor will i pretend to be so, i do appreciate your passage though, thx for your input. I am converted, not in terms of religion, but in terms of the joy of helping someone else out, I have fought my whole life against something which quite frankly isnt there, and by that i mean depression, and anger. Relogion works for you, servitutde works for me. I have never felt better about myself then i have today.

I appreciate that you know where i am coming from though, especially after how many times i burned you in the past......

4. The bible is about serving. It tells us that we find joy in serving God and the way we serve God is by serving our fellow man. Kind of strange isnt it? Seems logical that if we serve ourselves we would be happiest, yet something built inside us makes us happiest when serving others. Its quite ironic that most people that serve themselves are the least happy, isnt it?

Glad you found peace. :)

5. I have spent a life of service. When I go to bed, I feel good. When I wake up, I feel better, cause I get to go out and do it again.:)

6. Ricter

Ricter

+1 to the idea, +1 to Hello. Good job, good job.

7. Hello

Hello

I clearly missed the memo but you are both right it does feel good, it was an eye opener for me. Thx for your opinion guys.

8. Hello

Hello

What woke me up was talking to my dad, who buried his friend this weekend, his friend accepted his inevitable death gracefully, but my dad was angry over the fact that they wouldnt be able to retire together, not angy necessarily, but upset, the only thing this guy said was something along the lines of this..... "Has any of that anger ever gotten you anything better in life" and he told my dad just to let shit go, and go out and help someone else out, this is the message which woke me up, none of the misplaced anger i have ever botteled in ever got me anywhere in my life, so today i helped some homeless people, and my life felt infinately better, tomorrow i will try the same, i cant believe that i have been missing such an easy concept my whole life, and an easy way to to bring peace into my own life as well as others.

9. pma

pma

Good job Hello :)