HANS

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by skyriderfox, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Dustin

Dustin

There's a more important lesson you could take away from this trade. You went long and it broke your price, then support at the low of the day. At that point you should have been bailing any way you can...but instead you took the position overnight putting yourself at huge risk. You could have cut it at a .25-.5c loss, but it could easily end up being a $2-4 loss. Just not a great way to trade imo.

#51     Aug 8, 2006
  2. Here's one for you.

Noticed a lot of press on CROX. Major media stuff was talking about stock being overpriced, blah blah.

Stock hit SHO today, and I see they have a secondary coming from selling shareholders on 8/16.

Short, naked short, tip reporters, and cover with secondary stock.

It'll be interesting to watch.

#52     Aug 8, 2006
  3. what is the "reg sho"? reg short list? what is that? teach me.

what is FOIA? something something Investment Act? teach me...

#53     Aug 9, 2006
  4. In order to be taught, you have to be "off" drugs...je je

#54     Aug 9, 2006
  5. Would you, by chance, be referring to my "long-dated OTM puts on SPY" drugs? Or the marijuana?

=)

#55     Aug 9, 2006
  6. Bought somewhere around $ 14 / share. I just sit down shutup and follow the trend.

#56     Aug 9, 2006
  7. bought 100 shares today, I think it has a couple bucks upside

#57     Aug 10, 2006
  8. got this off the yahoo hans board, could move hans pretty good, 20% float is short

New alert this morning, just in!

Goldman Sachs is positive on Hansen (HANS) saying the substantial pull-back in shares on the heels of 2Q2006 has created a compelling chance to buy this high-growth company at an attractive valuation. Believes market participants have over-reacted to modest near-term earnings pressure from noise around the Anheuser-Busch distribution network. Firm thinks HANS could double in a year....

Goldman Sachs thinks the substantial pullback in Hanse following Q2 results has created a compelling chance to buy the stock at an attractive price. Firm says the mkt has overreacted to modest near-term earnings pressure from noise around the BUD distribution network, which has masked the fact that the secular growth drivers remain intact. Also, HANS' Monster drink is capturing outsized share gains, and energy drink pricing and margins are holding steady.

#58     Aug 11, 2006
  9. Hmm.. I see weakness in a strengthening market, may have some new low support, but it probably has cracked(lots of downside if it has), good risk reward.
    And our dear brokerage friends tell us to buy... My my I wonder what we should do?;)
    Shorts preferred, stop some 15% or so above.

#59     Sep 2, 2006
  10. I've been looking for an entry into this market, but the shorts are pretty heavy. The momentium in this stock is much weeker after the earnings outlook. Chances are, this stock is better to short than to go long.

#60     Sep 4, 2006