Hang Seng vs Nik225

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Jayford, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Ok, I'll try IB again sometime and ensure my PC clock is synchronised.

Anything else on Ensign that may explain the inaccuracies experienced previously?

#31     Apr 18, 2006
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Where do you trade NK 225, japan exchange (cymex?) or CME? Also, I heard that round trip is around $15-20, is it true? What is average daily volume?

Thanks,
    redduke

#32     Apr 18, 2006
  3. After one evening tracking SGXNK and HSI with both IB charts and Ensign, I see no problem with Ensign. Its been my experience in the past, BTW, that Esignal data is both slow, and sometimes crashes altogether. This is why I use DTN or IB's data.

Jay

#33     Apr 18, 2006
  4. def

def Sponsor

SGX is the Singapore exchange. www.sgx.com

IB is currently charging 300 yen per side or 600 yen round trip which includes all exchange and other fees. over 80K futures traded today with an open interest of over 200K

#34     Apr 18, 2006
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Def,

Thanks for this info. What is the difference between futures and open interest?

redduke

#35     Apr 18, 2006
  6. Def...

If one wants to expand trading beyond the US markets....

What are the most liquid non forex products on other exchanges...

ie...SGX...what are the optimal trading hours in EST...etc,,

In your opinion...since you have the bird´s eye view...?

#36     Apr 18, 2006
  7. def

def Sponsor

open interest: The total number of options and/or futures contracts that are not closed or delivered on a particular day.

Since you seem relatively new to trading, you might want to check out this site for basic definitions. http://www.investopedia.com/dictionary/

#37     Apr 18, 2006
  8. def

def Sponsor

If liquidity is your main qualification then N225 or Kospi (CFTC approval should come before year end). HSI doesn't have the volumes but size will trade and will not push the market like it used to.

Times: The timezone doesn't change in Japan (the N225 futures day session in Singapore follows the Japanese exchange hours). Thus the time diff will vary as EST time changes to EDT. Right now in EST the most active hours are 8 PM till 10 PM and then 11:30 till 2 AM.

#38     Apr 18, 2006
  9. KK70

KK70

Hi def,

What is your opinion on the Australian SPI200 Index Futures contract traded on the SNFE? IB offers it and I was wondering if it is a popular product with your customers.

Will be grateful for your opinions and any other information on trading this contract.

TIA
    -kk70

#39     Apr 18, 2006
  10. def

def Sponsor

It's popular - mostly with our Australian customers. It's not as volatile as the other products but it does tend to trend. The index is heavily weighted with natural resource and commodity stocks along with financials. Those have been hot markets of late and thus the index has been more interesting.

#40     Apr 18, 2006