Hang Seng and Nikkei futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Ditch, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Not to be too argumentative, but it is a slow day:

#51     Aug 11, 2006

2. HSI does not have gap when live. They occur over lunch.

HSI is not liquid. Each price generally has less than 10 orders. It can come down to just a few in some cases.

HHI is less liquid than HSI. Maybe experience a few small gaps even when live.

#52     Aug 11, 2006
  3. You may consider always closing positions before lunch. Then you don't need to be worried about lunch-time gaps.

#53     Aug 11, 2006
  4. i am currently looking into this Hang Seng index...
    does anyone know how to set up some market breath indicators for the HSI....tick, trin, add... or where i can get the information and try and set it/program it up myself?
    how do you guys trade the hsi ? rely on "feel" and lagging indicators???

#54     Aug 11, 2006
  5. Sorry no.

IB is very conservative in daytrading margin. It is just 50% off.

It needs $25,818(516.36 points) for 1 HSI contract. Some may offer lower than about $15,000 (lower than 300 points).

I never see there is more than 500-point volatility intraday in HSI.

#55     Aug 11, 2006
  6. Forget about single stock futures. Nearly all are dead water - too illiquid!

#56     Aug 11, 2006
  7. def

def Sponsor

#57     Aug 11, 2006
  8. arzoo

arzoo

While on the subject, when trading nikkei, hsi and spi futures via ib, are the rules the same with regards to tax implications?

What i mean is that in trading the US futures you fill out the w8ben (i'm not a us citizen nor us resident) and pay taxes in your home country.

When trading the the hsi and nikkei, or even the eurex futures for that matter, is the w8ben enough for traders with status like mine?

thanks.

#58     Aug 19, 2006
  9. in your website initial margins are quoted much lower; just a touch above 1k bucks..and for maintenance 3k+. i dont think that's correct...never really looked at my acct when i had a pos on so i dont really have a clue how much it is required; have a look at ib margins schedule. i am talkin' about sgxnk @sgx.

#59     Aug 19, 2006
  10. def

def Sponsor

it is correct, read the column titles and you'll find the word "INTRADAY".

#60     Aug 19, 2006