Hang Seng and Nikkei futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Ditch, Nov 18, 2004.

1. TGM

TGM

Just curious, who do you guys use for your hong kong quotes? Do you trade the hang send mini?

#11     Nov 19, 2004
  2. traderob

traderob

Sometimes, when I am feeling brave.
    The $96 tick size means you have to have balls of steel, I had mine clanged a few times.

#12     Nov 19, 2004
  3. TRS

TRS

Admit SPI is not most exciting trading medium, but we don't trade for excitement...money is still good.

TRS.

#13     Nov 19, 2004
  4. cmaxb

cmaxb

eSignal. mini's restricted to overseas (non-US).

#14     Nov 19, 2004
  5. nickali

nickali

Haven't they just introduced a mini Nikkei product? Any liquidity there yet?

I'm off to live in Thailand for a too. My big worry is the quality of Internet infrastructure. Might have to change my style a bit.

Cheers.

#15     Aug 1, 2006
  6. The SGXNK product is half the normal nikkei size and has great volume and institutional support with free data so even if the mini isn't up to much yet there's a great alternative thru Singapore.

All these products (HSI HHI STW SGXNK) can be traded thru Interactive Brokers and data is free. Lovely inter and intraday trends. All welcome :)

#16     Aug 1, 2006
  7. def

def Sponsor

yes, to be honest I haven't looked at the daily volumes, just the market depth. The liquidity is there but the contracts is SO small 1/10 the size of the big one. At IB, the symbol is N225M. Given the size (of the N225mini), I'd recommend the SGXNK like Kiwi stated.

#17     Aug 5, 2006
  8. this contract is nothin' short of amazin' imo; easiest vehicle to trade for zure and ample liquidity to push you edge...am seriously thinkin' about completely dedicate my efforts on sgx only and quit tradin' us stocks....cant handle that well daytradin' for 15hours straight, R0R.

#18     Aug 5, 2006
  9. inet

inet

Too many big gaps. Not good for day trading.

#19     Aug 5, 2006
  10. u either never traded it or cannot handle it...and if u cannot make some money with this contract gawd knows how u are farin' on us index futs or stocks.

#20     Aug 5, 2006