Hang down your Head Evan Dooley.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by stock777, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Wow, the guy had major issues.

Letting him work in the financial industry as a trader was like letting an alcoholic manage a liquor store.

Recipe for disaster.

2. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

It's shocking they put a guy like this in a position to control so much money, he has more problems than a math book.

3. People should be given six chances to make a comeback, not seven.

4. Good analogy.

5. If he had only gone long, those 15,000 wheats....

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

bad news;
    good news;
    uh oh! news;

7. RAY

RAY

I am not sure if I am reading this right, but I think he was pretty much unemployed with losses racking up in his personal accounts at REFCO, and then MF (who bought REFCO) decided to HIRE him ?? What were they thinking?

Before he was hired: "between 2002 and 2005, he reported $90,000 in personal trading losses. "

"Dooley's debts included $240,590 owed the now-defunct Delta Trading Co. of Memphis and $45,000 due a former trading partner there"

"...in 2003, according to his tax return. Included on the return is $24,225 in trading losses through an account at Refco Inc., later acquired by MF Global."

Hired: "MF Global spokeswoman Diana DeSocio said that when the company put Dooley on commission, it..."

Fired: "Last week, MF Global's Davis told analysts that Dooley, trading for his own account, was able to amass ``significant positions'' '