Handling your family and social life as a trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Raje, Dec 28, 2009.

1. I couldnt let this go by so I logged in to complete my thought...not too cool with the hate speech where you disparage someone else on the basis of a characteristic they cannot change. You did allege you were of Asian descent. How would you like it if someone disparaged you on that basis?

Well, this is a different situation where you too will be an "old man" one day. I hope one day someone will sit there and call you old. Remember, no matter what medical technology exists or how much working out you do, there is no way to stop the ageing process. If your older relatives have diabetes or any other medical issue, then you will probably have them too.

Remember why those towers are no longer standing in NYC. Its as a result of hate. The hate continues on to this day. Calling other people names on the basis of a characteristic about themselves will only kill more people in this world.

You certainly have a lot of growing up to do. Before you run your mouth, look around you at the sacrifices other people have made. You disgrace them with your mouth.

#61     Jan 1, 2010
  2. simple answer...just trade during 8am-5pm hours...simple

#62     Jan 1, 2010
  3. An occupational hazard of trading on your own account is the ability (if desired) to not speak to anyone at all during one's workday. Some would say in my case it borders on unhealthy but I really prefer not speaking to other traders in the office about anything market related in "real-time".

If happiness is truly one's goal, trading basically allows one to live however he pleases, for better or worse as perceived from the outside. It can truly be a hazard of sorts if one were not so inclined to try "socially", so to speak. But is anyone really suffering? Just don't be an asshole and let everyone else deal with their insecurities in their own way. :)

#63     Jan 1, 2010
  4. trade 8-5pm

#64     Jan 1, 2010