Hand over your money to Hedge Fund / Private Bank / Investment Bank ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thomsonfx, Jul 14, 2006.

1. If you are an institutional client / private investor, which way do you prefer to hand over your money to ?

1. Investment Bank
    2. Private Bank
    3. Hedge Fund

In my opinion the difference is as follows:

1. One investment banker treat your money as part of a large sum of money that s/he treat and he has no oligation to tell you the underlying portfolios

2. One "relationship manager" handles multiple accounts that s/he has to receive your calls.

3. A group of people working on a large sum of money from multiple clients.

It seems that option 3 is best since a group of people work for your account and option 2 is worst because 1 people has to manage multiple accounts and s/he cant use the same portfolios in each account.

2. None of the above. I would never give my personal finances over to anybody. If you don't know how to manage them yourselves, stick it all in GICs/CDs.

That > giving somebody else control.

3. Is that related to my ability to manage my capital ? I just want to know the institutional investor's point of view.

"That > giving somebody else control"

Are you saying that all fund houses, investment banks and hedge funds are worthless ? I know how to check the funds-sp & absolute return magazine myself and I know both discretionary and automated mode of trading by fundamental, quantitative & technical approach.

4. No, i'm saying that they're worthless (hell, I manage a hedge fun, lol)...what I am saying is that for MYSELF, I would NEVER hand over my personal finances to ANYBODY.

If you're comfortable handing over your hard earned money to somebody to invest on your behalf, go for it; but I would NEVER relinquish control of mine since i don't trust people and I'm not about to put my money in a stranger's hands.

I doubt that I'm the only one who would rather take a lower return and have compelte control vs taking a higher return (and more risk) and basically hand it over to a black-box hoping it works out.

5. You have to beg profitable and trustworthy firms to manage my money, what are you thinking?

They aren't interested in cry babies,but deep pockets individual who aren't bugged if they investments vanished gradually