Hammer Trading Plateform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Nana Trader, Jun 6, 2003.

1. I have been introduced to Assent trading software trough
    Pacific coast trading L.L.C . I have used other plateforms like
    MBT Navigator, millinium direct (Shield or echotrade), meved quotetracker, platinum direx, speedtrader pro,.....

I have found all of them easy to understand and use. But
    hammer seems to have words or features that i do not no
    what for have to be used, and order types like "trailing and
    pag best,... are not available.why?

Also i was not able to resize windows to fit my screen and
    when you do that, fonts gets very smaller to see.

Also I have noticed that it may work well, in case you some
    days you need to use with dialup 56k modem. I have to mention that i am using their demo version trough VPN/Citrix only.

Hammer doen not provide charting, but i can use other
    software for charting with it.

I am not saying that this is not very good plateform, but
    may not fit for those who are beginner or never fimilier with it.
    I meant to say it is bite complecate, or may be i am complecating :)

2. For speed of execution, Hammer is by far the Best!

In the beginning, I too had problems with charting and resizing windows until I figured out from others that most professional traders do not even use Hammer Charts.

Take it from me, the Hammer Charting server goes down several times a day, and the charts are a complete joke, rarely "updating" in a timely manner or even correctly, for that matter!

Keep Hammer for your executions, and run E-Signal or REAL-TICK for your charting on another monitor. They are the Best!

3. I used Redi plus for years, I have used hammer for 3 months, it was made for traders. We are using E-signal for charting, etc. We have a link from Hammer to E-signal. The traders in my office can hit all ECNs, with Mega swipe, etc. they love it and are doing very well. It is the fastest execution system on the market, thats what trading is all about, IMHO.

4. I know the guys in charge of your llc, good guys. Call them with your problems, they will take care of you. I kind of skimmed through your post, but noticed you are using demo, which I have never seen a demo version that works right, and also, don't even try their charts. When I was at andover, they rolled them out, and they looked like my 2 yr old drew them with his crayons. Hammer is the best software out there in my opinion, but the andover charts suck, unless they have really changed in last year.

By the way, good choice of llc's, this is one of the llc's at andover that won't try to screw you.

5. You are correct, I have never tried to use Hammer charts. The software was meant for trading. When we used Redi, we used First alert for charting.

Our office now intergrates Hammer and E-sgnals. I have found this to be a very good combination.

6. BTW, with regard to your comment about Andover screwing you, I have to day that this organization has been most professional.

7. call the llc owner or cameron
    I know the guys in charge of your llc, good guys. Call them with your problems, they will take care of you. I kind of skimmed through your post, but noticed you are using demo, which I have never seen a demo version that works right, and also, don't even try their charts. When I was at andover, they rolled them out, and they looked like my 2 yr old drew them with his crayons. Hammer is the best software out there in my opinion, but the andover charts suck, unless they have really changed in last year.

By the way, good choice of llc's, this is one of the llc's at andover that won't try to screw you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to appericate for your attention to my LLC. They need
    6k as trader capital risk support. Do i have kind of insurance or
    security for my money? Is there a way to find without asking them? Is this type of capital providing, commonly used be many
    trader and nothing to be affraid of?

I am retail foreign trader, can i directly do this with andover with
    initial 5-10k and may be a better per share price?

I am being charged 0.9 cent per trade inclusive of everything,
    and no intrest charge for capital they provide.

8. I also wanted to know hammer allow trading well over 56k
    modems or it has to be connected to a fast internet like Dsl,
    cable, T1,since it is coming trough VPN/Citrix network.

I usually trade with other plateforms with 56k modem, and i have no problem buy/sell max 300 shars blocks when i am traveling around.

9. but I know guys who have good luck with it on cable and dsl. I wouldn't even want to try on 56K. cable isn't that expensive.

10. Remeber if you traveling around the globe always,
    DSL or cable is not within your reach everywhere and always.

#10     Jun 7, 2003