Hamas Leader Killed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trend Fader, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Yea it is obvious. My analysis is pretty simple nothing ground breaking. I just think the negatives outweight the positives.. and I dont think this bull will climb a wall of worry... because the fundementals behind the economy are a smoke screen.

#51     Mar 22, 2004
  2. Too bad he won't be available for a reprise of his role as Gandalf when Peter Jackson films The Hobbit.

Meanwhile back in Pakistan, Al Zawahri MAY ALREADY BE DEAD. They are DNA-ing a his possible corpse. Al - that's a funny first name for an arab.

Be careful monday.

#52     Mar 22, 2004
  3. If Inflation worries are such a concern, with Copper trading at 6.5 year highs, Soybeans at 17 year highs, the Precious Metals at 7 year highs, and Crude Oil prices over $38.00, then why is the 10 Year T-Bond still trading below 5%?

Why is it below 4.5%?
    Why is it below 4.0%?
    How about 3.8%

I thought that markets were discounting mechanisms, no?

Why isn't the Bond market, ( and the stock market for that matter ) both of which discount events 6 months ahead of time reflecting inflation concerns?

Can you answer this question?

#53     Mar 22, 2004
  4. Its a very good question.. but I believe the bond market has other factors affecting it simply besides discouting inflation. A major concern keeping prices high is the cary over trade.

I read an economicst report recently and he simply states the bond market is not the ultimate discounter of inflation. Sometimes its too late and sometimes its too early.

Personally I think you are too fixated with the bond market.. because the correlation between stocks and bonds can be fishy at times.

Right now the smart money is not buying bonds and they are not buying stocks in the USA.

The truth is only time will tell to see how this whole thing unfolds. I place my bet and you place yours. Thats what makes a market.

#54     Mar 22, 2004
  5. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

All i gota say is Thank God for christ....and you guys should as well. Thank Jesus, because if it was not for Jesus the majority of the world would be muslime and why is that....because Jews dont convert people.

:D

#55     Mar 22, 2004
  6. I guess there is a lot that appears to be "fishy" to you . . . whether it is our current "smoke and mirror" Economy that you refer to, or inflation numbers that are being underestimated.

I have noticed that everything is some sort of a conspiracy for you. I find that people such as yourself usually speak in such a manner ( referring to conspiracies, smoke and mirror economies, inflation numbers being fudged, etc. ) when they have been short one of the larger rallies of our time, and they are trying to justify and rationalize their trading losses.

If that is how you color your world and it works for you, then so be it.

Good Luck.

#56     Mar 22, 2004
  7. Just read a press wire saying that Hamas is blaming US.. and vows to attack US as well.. they are saying that US gave Israel the green light.

They warn to potentially kill houndreds of Israelis and US targets are now an option.

" Hamas says U.S. approved Yassin assassination, calls for retaliation against `terrorist American Administration` "

--MIKE

#57     Mar 22, 2004
  8. The main question is does Hamas have the guts to attack US and I think the answer is yes.

Now that their leader is gone they have a lot of momentum on their side and a lot of sympathy from the Arab world. He was wheel chair bound and an elderly man... and on his way to the mosque for daily prayer.

#58     Mar 22, 2004
  9. Just keep in mind that to stop terrorism, Islam destroying 'us' is also a viable option. To destroy palestinian terrorists, destroying israelites is also good.

(ofcourse, not good for respectably 'us' and the israelites, just as the other stated options arent really good for islam and palestinians)

ah yes the beauty of the world

Tiki

#59     Mar 22, 2004
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Well, I wouldn't feel too badly for him Trend. He's with those 70 virgins now!!:D

#60     Mar 22, 2004