Hamas Leader Killed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trend Fader, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Diode

Diode

I have a serious question to throw in here. It really is a serious question, as opposed to the sort of question intended to stir things up. I've never heard an explanation for it or understood it.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Sharon's visit to the Temple Mount provoked the Arabs. I don't believe they have ever denied that the al-Aqsa Mosque is built on the remains of Solomon's Temple, or that the Temple Mount is the holiest of all places in the world to the Jews. So why was a visit from this Jewish leader a "provocation"?

I know, I know... asking for a rational answer about the reactions of these people...

#41     Mar 22, 2004

2. Dont forget to factor in the carry over trade. Also.. I bet the bond market is topping out.. I am actually selling bonds right here for a long term trade.

#42     Mar 22, 2004
  3. Another point... look at the price of OIL.

Slowly it will start taking a toll on the US consumer.

--MIKE

#43     Mar 22, 2004
  4. momoNY

momoNY

Sabra and Chatila, that's the reason!

Momo.

#44     Mar 22, 2004
  5. MoMo must stand for Mohammad Mohammad. Christians kill Muslims and they blame the Jews. Typical.

#45     Mar 22, 2004
  6. momoNY

momoNY

Rearden,

Let's be clear. I'm not blaming anyone or whatsoever, I'm telling you the reason why muslims cannot stand Sharon, They are right or wrong that was not the question. Moreover, Sharon's responsibility (at least in not avoiding it) in that massacre was well proven by the Israelis themselves...
    Do you think the same thing would have happened if it was Rabin who visited the mosque?
    I believe that Yassin as well as Sharon are both obstacles to peace, period.

Peace on you.

Momo.

#46     Mar 22, 2004
  7. They even stockpiled rocks in a big heap on the Temple mount, anticipating to start some shit at the first opportunity. There were no loose rocks handy- they were all brought in, in advance from elsewhere.

Regarding Yassin, he was a bloodthirsty Koranic murderer...but to be fair, I did enjoy his acting performance in 'Lord of the Rings'.

#47     Mar 22, 2004
  8. Yeah, those high fuel costs are really causing the consumer to stop buying SUV's . . .

Cold Snap Spurs SUV Sales - Motor Trend
    Frigid temperatures, ice and snow may have kept some US buyers home last month, but those that ventured out ignored record January fuel prices to buy SUVs in large numbers.

#48     Mar 22, 2004
  9. Everything that you state as your supporting evidence for a "dramatic" downturn in the U.S. equity markets, from inflation worries, to high fuel prices, to terrorism, is pretty obvious. Ever hear about a Bull Market "Climbing a Wall of Worry" . . .

But then again, I guess you have never heard of two very important trading expressions:

1.) The Trend is Your Friend

2.) What is Obvious, is Obviously Wrong

:D

#49     Mar 22, 2004

10. It will take some time for the high prices to pinch pockets. Its a gradual process.... just like it takes time for the fed to prop up the economy. Most believe gas prices are gonna go back down like it always does.

#50     Mar 22, 2004