Hamas gets election victory

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Turok, Jan 26, 2006.

1. nazi???? you must have me confused with prescott bush !!!!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#51     Jan 27, 2006
  2. jem

jem

This blunder could work out to be a master stroke for Bush. In fact it will turn out to be a win win win. No matter what happens, it could also be a nail in the coffin of that failure we call liberal thinking.

Hamas has a choice -- foreign aid, peace with Isaral and the potential for big power or.... choas and poverty and an end to the worlds p.c. thinking about arabs.

Hamas is probably the one group that the Palis would let create a true peace. So if hamas turns out to be smart; GWB and democracy win and liberals lose.

Now if hamas turns out to be stupid, GWB can use the choas in Israel to cut and run in Iraq.

And liberals lose again because the Palis will be the representatives of the arabs everywhere. It won't be about GWB and republicans failed policies. It will be about Islam, murder, hatred and terror. And it will be Republicans who stay in power to create the needed military buffer.

Since I know GWB is a dope. And I suspect the NWO is not, I would have to say that the New World Order, has just drawn the nuts. And I do not think that is a good thing. Anybody see a charismatic politician with a stange birthmark? Or one that comes back to life or something like that?

#52     Jan 27, 2006
  3. Ever see Monty Python's "Life of Brian" parody on the life of Jesus? The movie is chock full of various sectarian "movements" and "fronts," each with their own agenda, and none having the slightest idea of what they would do with power were they to obtain it.

Hamas is just another minor sect getting its 15 minutes of fame. Nothing has changed in Persia or Arabia during the past 6,000 years, except that the economy is changed from merchant trading and slavery to oil.

The People of the area are comfortable with despotic rule and so that's what they will vote for. To us in the West, this seems crazy -- but to those in the Mideast, they are really asking for what they want -- a rebel leadership to bring jihad to the Satanic forces of Christianity.

The British East India Company exploited this area of the world for 200 years before it became an oil resource. They did it by basically taking what they wanted by force and offering a smattering of safety for the locals from the war lords who plagued their daily meals.

The only way that democracy will ever catch hold in the Mideast is for us to imitate the solution that the British stumbled upon -- we must enforce a totalitarian adherence to the rule of law, until the locals get the idea that they can operate comfortably in a democracy, and then use it to oust the intruder -- who will leave eventually mainly because they will lose their moral high ground when the populous starts having sitdown strikes in the streets, rather than suicide bombings.

I would have more respect for a President who would simply tell the People the truth. But Mr. Bush is caught up in a "Crusade," no different than that which took place 1,000 years ago. It didn't work then, and it ain't gonna work now, because the indigenous population loves to make war and it loves to be in an abusive paternalistic relationship with its leadership.

If our leaders would simply look at what worked in the past in India (or, at least sort of worked, because India is, even today, only barely democratic), they would see that the "Christian" and "democratic" thinking to the People who we seek to change, is as uncomfortable to them as the idea of a supreme Emperor is to us.

It would be funny if our leaders' world view didn't cause so much death and destruction -- but it does, so it's not.

This Hamas election just proves that what we want for the Mideast and what the Mideast wants are two different things. If we want to save our own way of life from the threat of nuclear terrorism, we will have to stay in Persia for the next 200 years, until the enemy gets so used to our way of doing business, that they he can't remember what the old way was anymore.

In the meanwhile, we need to completely cut the enemy off from it's source of power -- the oil. We should seize all the oil fields in every Mideast country and pump it for the benefit of the world -- just like the British East India Company would have done 200 years ago.

George Bush is not the solution. We need Teddy Roosevelt, and I don't see anyone waiting in the wings on either side of the isle who even comes close.

#53     Jan 27, 2006
  4. jem

jem

Well then I guess it is chaos.

As someone who is indoctrinated into the rule of law and freedom of self determination. I could not support taking their oil from them.

If you can't talk me into that solution, it is probably not going to work for a western leader.

I guess in a way, I am a narrow minded westerner in favor of self determination.

But then again if "they" start threatening my kids or kill my fellow countryman again, I could probably be talked into your peace plan.

#54     Jan 27, 2006
  5. I believe that was is happening is the best that could happen.

Get the Palestinians to fight each other....

The problem will be internal for a while, at the end they will have a clean house...either way.

Some cultures only learn once they see the results of their own stupidity laid in front of their eyes, brought to them by nobody else but themselves.

#55     Jan 27, 2006
  6. I think you're right -- it's chaos, until we are attacked in a much more wholesale manner. If and when that happens, the gloves will come off, and regrettably, we will probably incinerate every major city in the Mideast (except Israeli cities, of course, which, ironically, would save the Palestinians due to their proximity to Jerusalem).

#56     Jan 27, 2006
  7. We're just one dirty bomb exploding in a major U.S. city away from doing all of these things. Before the dust settles on the newly contaminated & radioactive Manhattan, you'll see the U.S. military executing Dresden style, indiscriminate bombings from Tehran to Damascus. Ramallah, Jenin, and the entire Gaza strip would be quickly transformed into a sea of glass by the IAF.

It's not science fiction, we're really just one major terrorist attack away.

#57     Jan 27, 2006
  8. do not agree.

#58     Jan 27, 2006
  9. I hope we never find out.

#59     Jan 28, 2006
  10. Dont be naive. Arabs are violent creatures but they are not stupid.

#60     Jan 28, 2006