halt by daytrading rules

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tra2bfree, Nov 8, 2011.

1. tra2bfree

tra2bfree

Just getting starting with trading, duriing get unto i got halted, by the daytrading rule, so I'm going to ask the old-age question
    where can I trade with out this rule. please help.:(

2. ASE1245

ASE1245

You need more than $25K, or join a prop firm.

3. Or trade futures/forex. Both are highly leveraged so do your homework.

4. How long is your account suspended? Last time I checked it was 3 months.

5. Bob111

Bob111

call your broker and you will get the info directly from the source,rather some random guesses from public forum. the problem is that the rules may vary from firm to firm. cause they have their own policies on top of PDT. the easiest way out-transfer more money. >25K and it should be unblocked right away.

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

find a group of stocks that move together then just switch between them, better luck next time.

7. The question isn't where to trade without the rule (maybe outside the US?), it's how to trade with the rule. It's a dumb rule but if you are losing money day trading, then you shouldn't be day trading. Trade a longer time frame. If you continue to lose, then at least you may lose your money slower.

8. hitnrun

hitnrun

the guy did not say he lost money?

he got flagged for pdt rules . learn the rules

if you can not fund the account above the 25 k min requirement for daytrading

better off to open a prop account

9. I assumed he was flagged because his account fell below the min. If he is trading without even knowing basic rules, then I find it hard to believe that he was not losing.

10. jokepie

jokepie

if this was ur first time, ask them for reset. 1st mistake (ignorance) is easily forgiven.

#10     Nov 9, 2011