halogen lighting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Htrader, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Htrader

Htrader Guest

I'm moving into my home office and I'm wondering what other traders use for lighting. Ideally, I'd like to have the same kind of bright halogen lighting that is standard at offices. Its much easier on the eyes especially when using LCDs. Does anyone have any suggestions for reasonably priced lighting products?

2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I use natural sunlight.
    The easiest on my eyes.....but I live in perpetual sunshine.

Or some incandescent ceiling lighting would be good. Nothing that shines on the screen. Needs to be indirect. You can use those wall sconces that shine the light onto the ceiling.

Do not use florescent fixtures. They cause fatigue from the flickering.

Halogen would not be a good choice. Too hard on the eyes.

3. complex

complex

bobcathy has the best idea. prefer natural light, then incandescent, then halogen (dimmable, preferably. this is the one advantage of halogen lamps: most are dimmable), then fluorescent. never right over the screen, or reflecting off the screen.

i'll presume you meant fluorescent in the first paragraph. you may have thought that the lights in the office were good, because you could always see the screen, but most likely they making your office way too bright. the monitor itself is a source of light, and fluorescents just overload your eyes. with a more gentle source of light i'll guarentee you'll feel better at the end of the day.

complex