Hallo' From Iceland! Coming Home!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Sep 16, 2008.

1. You want Roller Coaster Thrills-

Check out Hong Kong! Wow I was watching last night as long as I could here are the final numbers... 1,350 Down and back to EVEN!

In a stunning turnaround, the benchmark Hang Seng Index lost more than 1,350 points in the morning session to its lowest level in more than two years, only to claw back all of the lost ground and then some in the closing moments. The index, which lost 15.2% in the previous six sessions, finally ended 0.03% lower at 17,632.46. The sharp recovery was aided by news that the Federal Reserve and other major central banks planned to inject hundreds of billions of dollars worth of liquidity into the financial system in a bid to thaw frozen short-term money markets.

Our Fed got those news releases out at like 3 in the morning for a reason, astute investors with access to 24 hour trading or hedge funds coulod of taken advantage of this for sure, I believe I participated in a small way but phone calls have to be made-- well morfe importantly they have to be returned!!!

Everyone is " very busy around here " or " in a meeting " That kind of a market, it makes you feel small & insignificant.

With Cramer telling his viewers with more than 200,000 in assets should be all in T Bills and no stocks last night. How can that not be a bottom?

Thanks for the RIMM tip! lol. ~ stoney

#21     Sep 18, 2008
  2. I WANT MORE STARS for this thread NOW! :cool:

By the way those of you who my want to know how the dentist went it was really weird... I'm in a lot of tooth pain and yet no cavities.... I haven't looked at the heath sites online yet because it makes me crazy, but this could be phantom pain- market related, some kind of crazy sinus infection that will result in them cutting half my face off. ~ stoney

#22     Sep 18, 2008
  3. Blackrock is now a $15,000 gain in 2 days folks

CF a more moderate $4,000 so a double up there would seem in order.

MIDD has gone from $57.50 purchase to $62

And of course the general market has responded just as predicted and as Hong Kong predicted if you are an avid reader of this thread.

At this point I have to take a step back and say for someone as giving as I am and as on top of the situation as a stoned person can be to not only give you the markets every move in advance but to do the research and recommend the stks and then follow through with the hedge fund while they are standing still with fear... well it takes quite an strong personality.

And indeed how can anyone read this entire thread and not be equally amazed and ashamed. there is no one else with the depth of breadth of whatever it takes to be entertaining and make money, whatever that gift is we have it in spades and we give freely to you all we ask in return in SOME DAMN STARS!!!

Once again, i will not stop writing until this very fine thread receives at least four stars. How you vote on these stars I have no idea but someone, somewhere get it done. ~ stoney

#23     Sep 18, 2008
  4. TAKING A TWENTY-SIX THOUSAND DOLLAR PROFIT IN BLK (2 days) off the table...

Not sure why CF is not moving taking that off too.

Only with MIDD now full of cash and ready for new ideas.

Sold GS in wife's IRA couldn't take the swings.... could of done better there.

About to check the etrade account I'm feeling more confident now..... It was like $81,000 when I left.....
    what will it be at...? ~ stoney

#24     Sep 18, 2008
  5. Well I looked and it's not pretty.

Tada..... $74,000. Jesus I was at $96,000 at one point this year!!!! What a disgrace. I hate myself.

I see I managed a second star. bless you well here is where we stand I need to make $10 grand roughly for break even and $22 GRAND to get back to my HIGHS...
    That ain't going to happen I don't think.

lets start with ten thousand how can we get that quick?

Does anyone have a stock idea they might want to throw into the mix I have no real ideas at present
    except Eddie Bauer. ~ stoney

#25     Sep 18, 2008
  6. FMD. I got filled at 2.23.

#26     Sep 18, 2008
  7. That CF might do it. I don't know why it's not moving. I dumped maybe a bad move. China just took away their stock tax. ACH Might be a good play. But over there I already own CHDX to a crushing down 40%!

It's funny the day after Cramer told his audience that if they wanted to be totally safe they should be in T bills over $200,000 that the FDIC guaranteed... WE EXPLODE. the scary thing is my mother had the same conversation with her guy could the elite be preparing for end of days? It's too much for me to think about what if the bank holding my future goes belly up? For years I was State Street since the beginning actually it was just recently I was sold to bank Of America which is probably a good place to be in the bank world.

The very next night Kudlow is saying get back out of the T Bills and get into stocks... one day the world is ending and sell the very next day calm dudes are on talking about value... why can't the tv stations schedule these guys on reverse days so when it looks really bad we don't have to see money pros calling for even worse... then on good days we can chose to ignore those no good boobs.

In that ocotobox there's one guy who is really good lower right. he is always gloom and doom but he has a lot of ideas on how to make things better he doesn't just say the world is ending get out- like Cramer.

Boy he had a little bump up when he had his little hissy fit about the Fed now it's been all downhill for Jimmyboy. I want you to hold DRYS @ $70 Ma'm....! Maybe that's a play now that I think aBOUT IT DRY SHIPPING.... I NEED one of these hyper movers, $6, $7 bucks a day and I need to make a good sized bet.

And this has to be done tomorrow.
    More ideas... I need em' help a stonedinvestor out folks, something big. My mom loves ES Energy Services I've never heard of them but she's good with stks... That's on tap for research in the morning and whatever you all bring.

I have a third star now by the way.

Now the bad news.

28 billion has already been spent on AIG's bailout money! How is this possible? With positive revenue streams from insurance? It's called thirty x leverage on all this other crap. Folks we need a perp walk I'm afraid until I can even look at a banker again. Today three guys were huddled around the counter at the indian tea house on 22nd street and they all had blue shirts and ties I thought they were waiters I asked one for an ice tea... they tuned out to be stock brokers. Hey sorry!

This meeting tonight this super fund it's a good idea because it removes the manic. It quantifies the amount of the problem and says here's so and so much more... that calms investors and distracts them from this leverage issue which given enough time we can wiggle out of. If you are a distressed debt buyer you are probably going to do very very well here.

But when the news gets out that all AIG's money is gone.... that will ignite again this panic and that's scary: why can't we put this fire out!... and is AIG some sort of scary conglomerate of complex subsidies
    a la Enron that will take everything down. In essence I believe the US Gov bought 80% of something they have no idea how it works. ~stoney

#27     Sep 18, 2008
  8. Wow i've been up 24 hours straight. What a lot got done the Ftse is up 7%!!! This is exactly what Iceland would have done! Or Russia!

We now have a list of names that cannot be shorted for 30 days. This will stem the runs on the stks but not the runs on the banks themselves. And that's what happened here the money market Breaking The Buck scenario that brought the house down. Because EVERY American thinks a MM is cash in the bank when it turns out to be just more leveraged paper and a buck is not always a buck. So for this rally we really have to thank Boston's Putnam... for they forced the Gov's hand by freezing folks money in a MM. Then institutions began pulling out of money markets and that's how bank runs come and total economic collapse. To sure up the money markets we need regulation and the appearance of buying up everyone's bad mortgage. I'm still paying on two mortgages but if their is a PO box I can mail one too I will!

Fun times huh?
    I could bitch about selling GS and BLK for surly they are going to go much higher today but I am more happy for everyone else who can take a breath no regarding their retirement or current lifestyles. Making money with large money today will be easy, I'll leave that to the hedge fund for the most part.

In an online fast trading account of nonsensical small cap we shall have to be a little more careful, I will begin those screens now but those of you who trade London know.... We got the shorts on the run again today. Fair value that's all I ask what is the fair value of a FMCN a CHDX, let me find fair value and then I'll get off before the greed factor comes in. I promise.

Today lets make some noise folks, we have been beaten into submission by the fear mongers and the deceptive bankers long enough. I'm sorry that they may benefit from all of this, indeed the Republicans may benefit from this but the more important factor is when the stuff was really up against the wall, Dems and Repubs worked together and saved the market just like the saved social security back in the day. ~ stoney

#28     Sep 19, 2008
  9. TODAY IS AN HISTORIC DAY! FMCN is up $3 and I'm going to get my fourth star so I can close this wonderful thread.

Oh and the free world was saved for a generation!

I'm zeroing in on DRYS think I will go here. There is a reverse air pocket to levitate to.

heavily shorted bank with Chinese connections
    UCBH is being watched.

For those of you who want 2 X the average stk's return for the next 6 months but crave some stability (I include myself here) MIDD & GMCR, yes Green Mountain Coffee. In the oil patch IOC which I have a separate piece on under stocks.....~ stoney

#29     Sep 19, 2008
  10. DRYSHIPS IT IS!

$50.93 if this goes to $70 my account will be saved.

Quick word on MIDD yes as you can see it the strongest of all of these stocks that are not being artificially boosted today... those of you who bought with me earlier in this thread at $58 can sell today at $66 that's $8 in short time. I am actually hoping for a $2 pull in so I can buy more this looks like a stock that wants to move back to it's HIGHS.

I will now go to a Kung Fu workout... my first in three months! I am a fat man now, I need to reclaim my form just like the market. When I return I shall expect my fourth star and we can wrap up this thread with some wise and or pithy words and escape to Ct!

What a week. ~ stoney

#30     Sep 19, 2008