Half way through life and not close to being consistent

Discussion in 'Journals' started by gamblingman, Jun 2, 2014.

1. The streak continues. Another really good day today. As mentioned in the previous post, I'm getting close to dumping all my shorts. My auto-trades kick major butt recently, wouldn't it be great if it just continues like that ;)

Here are today's results:
    Auto Trades: 2337
    Everything else: 3024

#221     Aug 7, 2014
  2. And the streak is over :( Still a very good week, finished it up slightly over 18k. After last nights future action I didn't think the market would have such a strong comeback on a Friday. I barely watched it today, it was pretty obvious early on it's not going to cooperate. Two nice up weeks in a row, let's see if I can add a third one. Enjoy your weekend folks.

Auto Trades: -2298
    Everything else: -1456

#222     Aug 8, 2014
  3. Had another down day today :(. Losses came from auto trades, nothing major though.

Auto Trades: -988 (across the board, no outliars)
    Everything else: 2 (did bad on the short market but did good on the option trades)

#223     Aug 11, 2014
  4. My trading comes in streaks, that's for sure. Another quite significant down day today, my auto trades completely left out. If one looks at my daily P&L/net liq value it wouldn't be hard to build an oscillator around it and figure out when to buy my trading style and when to short sell it. Unfortunately that's not that easy to implement and many of my positions need time to mature, but if I could have a theoretical P&L and when it's < 10 on stochastics put on a ton of positions and exit when it's > 80 I'd have less risk on most of the time and would do better P&L wise.

Auto Trades: -3410
    Everything else: -669

#224     Aug 12, 2014
  5. [​IMG]
    Terrible trading day, the down streak continues. A week ago I couldn't stop thinking about allocating more money to the auto-trades since they did so well, now I can't stop thinking about pulling money out of there. In reality I've kept my position allocation constant and will do so until year end. Crazy and back to the roller coaster we discussed a couple posts earlier. Since things are working so well I've added a couple new positions in UAL and YHOO.

Auto Trades: -4465
    Everything else: -2539 (mostly due to my short market positions)

#225     Aug 13, 2014
  6. 5th down day in a row. Unreal. Just like the rally in the S&P futures the last couple minutes. There's going to be a serious markup on tomorrow's expiration.

Auto Trades: 2037
    Everything else: -3122

#226     Aug 14, 2014
  7. [​IMG]
    That's the sound that the market made as it ran over me this week. I'm still not sure what hit me but my P&L for this week was -17k3. There wasn't anything that worked in my trading, I got hurt the most with the nasdaq going crazy and bonds going nuts. Today was a very short glimmer of hope when the S&P sold off a little but then as it came back all my auto trades were out of what and caused a big loss. I'm closing this week with six down days in a row and a pretty low confidence level.

Auto Trades: -2196
    Everything else: -1942

#227     Aug 15, 2014
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

I can see your issue, your putting faith in stochastics and indicators in general, delete them ALL and start again, sorry!

It'll work in a choppy market, where the market isn't really making new highs and lows but as soon as a momentum move happens, your trading against the trend.

#228     Aug 15, 2014
  9. Mo06

Mo06

It might be interesting to compare your weekly P&L to the change in the SPX500.

This week I have the SPX up 23.47 points or 1.22%.

I try to beat the index each week. This week I fell short.

#229     Aug 16, 2014
  10. nursebee

nursebee

All of this up down volatility seems painful. I could not take it.
    Thanks for sharing.

#230     Aug 16, 2014