Half of adults in the US could be obese by 2030 - Los Angeles Times

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by shortie, Aug 26, 2011.

1. A possible solution to help solve obesity, unemployment and energy crisis simultaneously.
    Rebate of $1 from qe3 for every mile covered by unemployed on treadmill, cycling machine,etc...
    Human energy for a greener, healthier and productive economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hfdXsbpeY

#31     Sep 2, 2011
  2. [​IMG]

#32     Sep 2, 2011
  3. That would solve so many problems! Pay fat people to lose weight now so you don't have to pay for the liposuction or open heart surgery later...

Cheers!

#33     Sep 2, 2011
  4. Not only the fat benefit, an unemployed can easily pedal 6 hours a day for about $7Miles/hr =$42/day, generating electricity to charge car batteries for mankind...:cool:

Its like reporting to work at 8am, pedal 1hour, rest 30mins, pedal1hour,...,can complete 6 hours by 6pm at your own pace, much better than leaving millions of unemployed human energy to waste in looting, crimes,or even talking nonsense/play politics at so called jobs...
    Talk about job creation for a productive and safer economy and society.

#34     Sep 2, 2011
  5. oldie but goodie, difference between european vs american women.

[​IMG]

#35     Sep 3, 2011
  6. dtan1e

dtan1e

+1

#36     Sep 3, 2011
  7. waditude

waditude

I ran a weight-loss center for the past year in an affluent area. Very few of my clients were obese. Some were only a few pounds over a healthy weight. I think the obese ones had just given up trying to lose weight.

The combination of minimal physical exertion and refined foods are killing us before our time. People adopt these unhealthy habits as children. It then becomes much harder to lose the weight than not to have gained it in the first place.

Last year I commuted by bicycle because the distance was short and the weather permitted. Now, with a 25-mile commute in temperatures that often top 100 degrees, I must drive, as do most other people. Exercise is no longer built into my life, but must be added on. Our ancestors did not have to go the the gym. Their everyday life provided lots of exercise.

In my opinion, sugars and refined grains are the biggest dietary problem. Wheat was not eaten before about 10000 years ago. If you are going to eat grains, eat whole grains and eat them in moderation.

Try to eat a more like your distant ancestors. Lots of fruits and vegetables, preferably organic, local, and in-season. Don't overcook them - many are best raw. Nuts and berries. A little meat or fish now and then. And they didn't get three meals a day either. Some days they found food and some days they didn't. We were designed to go without food occasionally, and doing so has health benefits.

As I tell my clients, if you do what everyone else does, you will be fat just like they are. You must be willing to be different.

Waditude

#37     Sep 4, 2011
  8. People did mostly physical work under the sun a few hundred years ago until majority of desk bound jobs last 100 years. With modern processed food=bad combination.No need complete gyms with weights, just indoor cycling machines energy storage centres could be placed in any convienient buildings worldwide where people could just walk in to make$ by exercising anytime, or even charge your ipad,mobile devices,laptop at the same time.

#38     Sep 4, 2011
  9. I did some calculations on the back of a burger wrapper. You'd burn 5700 kcalories to make 1 penny. 5700 kcalories is a heck of a workout. That could be running 57 miles for a penny assuming 100 kcal per mile.

#39     Sep 5, 2011
  10. Pedaling one mile for $1 recorded on a cycling machine is only about 5mins. What 1 penny, kcal are you talking about? If you pedal 57miles, you get $57 a day.

#40     Sep 5, 2011