Half a billion to build a school

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Just about sums up everything that's wrong with this country.

LA unveils $578M school, costliest in the nation

LOS ANGELES – Next month's opening of the Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools will be auspicious for a reason other than its both storied and infamous history as the former Ambassador Hotel, where the Democratic presidential contender was assassinated in 1968.

With an eye-popping price tag of $578 million, it will mark the inauguration of the nation's most expensive public school ever.

The K-12 complex to house 4,200 students has raised eyebrows across the country as the creme de la creme of "Taj Mahal" schools, $100 million-plus campuses boasting both architectural panache and deluxe amenities.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I thought California was broke.

3. When I went to high school they didn't all have swimming pools either. Like women with no limit plastic.

4. And when did I say otherwise? Way to miss a point.

5. then explain it, douchebag, since you are so much smarter than the rest of us.

6. Eight

Eight

The power of intellectual and psychological denial is not to be underestimated!!

Calif is a mess, it's overrun with Mexicans, they have the political backing to keep on trampling whities... I know white people that were on housing waiting lists for years, my galpal grew up in a Mexican household, she says Mexicans run the agencies and you have to be Mexican to get to the front of the line...

I live in the epicenter of liberalism of California, it's a very wealthy place too. Most of these activist f$%kers are dumb as fence posts really... you talk to them about hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities and they talk about their "passion and commitment to start the revolution" and how "That damned Schwarzenegger is messing things up"... they write grant proposals to help all sorts of people and when they get the money the first thing they do is take off for the spa resort for a few days, then they have meetings with catered food and plan the food for the next meeting.. occasionally they do a press release to "raise consciousness"... and typically their lives are pretty shitty really... they run here and there and everywhere seeking the newest "healer" and they aren't as healthy as I am and I just trust the Good Lord for my health... I'm seeing that a lot of liberal activists are involved in cults and worship gurus too... it's just krap smeared all over the American political and intellectual landscape, just krap..

7. Eight

Eight

I heard a joke about a guy with a big-spending wife.. her credit card got stolen but the person using it didn't spend as much as she did so the guy never reported it!!

Some Springstein lyric said "I owe more than an honest man can pay"... that's the truth of it, anybody going into politics on either side of the aisle is there to game the system... so am I really, but I think I can game it better without going into politics, buy some politicians some day maybe, but be one, the idea makes me ill...

8. How come most of you right wingers have a reading comprehension impediment?

In response to Lucrum's comment I said that the Repub candidate IS spending more than 100 million on governorship of a BROKE state, I didnt refer to the funds private or public nature.

#10     Aug 23, 2010