Haley Approves Huge Salary Increases

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Jan 19, 2011.

1. So much for limited government …

With her state facing an estimated $1 billion budget shortfall, S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley handed out huge salary increases to top gubernatorial staffers on her first full day in office. She also doled out big salaries to newly-created positions within the governor’s office.

http://www.fitsnews.com/2011/01/13/haley-approves-huge-salary-increases/

I'd still hit it though.

2. Hello

Hello

It is peole like her who make me ashamed to be a fiscal conservative, i hope she pays a price at the polls next time around.....

If i was in government the first thing i would do in the present time is lower my own salary and all the beaurecrats around me by atleast 10% it is a token thing, but its a nice gesture, she did the opposite.... she will pay the price next time around.

3. pspr

pspr

Not a good start. We'll have to see if this continues or if she can do the right things for the state over her term. I hope she isn't another Terminator. "I'll be baak"

4. "Fool me once... Shame on... Shame on you... If fooled, you can't get fooled again."

George W. Bush

apparently not. Haley followed a time tested tradition, tell 'em what they want to hear and then do the opposite once elected. Bush was a fiscal conservative too, before he was elected president that is. We South Carolinians have a bumpy four years ahead of us.

5. If you want to contain government cost and spending set minimum wage to the lowest salary tier of a government employee.

Two things will happen...

#1. All corporations will go nutz if their min wage goes to $18
    #2. Have the govt work in the same reality as private sector.

Eliminate government pensions and have them receive the same social security benefits as the citizens. Government work was never intended to be a life long career... you serve and get back to private life.