HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--Testosterone ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tradertime89, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Someone around is finally talking sense!

JJ

#11     Jul 2, 2007
  2. Nope.

You started a thread talking shit.

So you got what you wanted.

JJ

#12     Jul 2, 2007
  3. I have to disagree. I did not start a thread 'talking shit.' I was merely pointing out a phenomenon that seems to occur on Elite Trader.

#13     Jul 2, 2007
  4. Naaahhh...you directed a completely benign observation toward a group of people known for their introspective gentility. How anyone could return your well-intentioned entreaty with anything BUT heartfelt gratitude is BEYOND ME...

Those testosterone-laden BASTARDS!!

#14     Jul 2, 2007
  5. Hi tradertime

I agree with your comment.

I think what happens is that many of the folks who responded to your thread carry on an internal dialogue related to their masculinity. In other words, they spend a good deal of their mental resouces "telling themselves" what "big boys" they are.

This dialogue operates just under the level of conciousness, and unfortunately it means that they are "listening" to themselves speak :D when they should be paying attention to whatever it is that they are supposed to be doing.

As a result, those who daytrade get into positions late, or get flushed out and take profits too early. Also because this type of self-dialogue engenders doubt in their minds, they don't have the confidence to act decisively. This is why you often see posts where there is a lot of backslapping about a two point winner..

Finally it is one reason why so many stick around here trolling for information, or pretending to be profitable. Basically they choose a fantasy life over a less pleasant reality that (up to this point) they haven't been able to change.

Good luck with your trading.

Steve

#15     Jul 2, 2007
  6. But I swear, I have the utmost respect for my local hot slut population! They bring so much joy into the lives of so many men.

Sluts are a truly under-appreciated resource. There'd be a national slut appreciation day on the calendar, if it were up to me.

#16     Jul 2, 2007
  7. squall

squall

That is kinda funny. LOL

But hey it's just good manners.....

so I can see both sides of that....

#17     Jul 2, 2007

8. Thank you.

And I could not agree more. There is so much 'talk' on these threads...but at the end of the day, from what I have gathered, 99% of the traders on ET lose money. The incessant trash talking, demeaning, chauvinism, and 'god complexes' seen here are completely understandable on a psychological level. And hey, if pretending to be successful and macho on an anonymous blog is what they need to be happy...then by all means. Personally, I prefer to make money. But I understand that not everyone is capable of that.

; )

And Good Luck to you as well Steve.

#18     Jul 2, 2007
  9. rock1968

rock1968

I think your comment about traders on ET losing money is untrue. As far as I'm concerned, the majority of the people I have encountered have been making money..

#19     Jul 2, 2007
  10. Maybe in technical terms, but something tells me that you are butt ugly and emit as much sexual attraction as your average beer belly Joe Shmoe.

#20     Jul 2, 2007