HAHA - Goldbugs!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by bond_trad3r, Apr 15, 2013.

1. kashirin

kashirin

How do you know it costs $400 to extract?
    Have you seen what happens to miners shares?
    do you really believe they would crash if their cost is $400

most companies disclose this information. there is no secret about that. It costs to extract gold in the range of $1100-1300 for most miners
    some of miners have production price above $1400
    if gold goes below $1000 I will go all in as that means there will be virtually no new supply until price goes back to at least $1500

#51     Apr 17, 2013
  2. kashirin

kashirin

when volume suddenly increases 100 times for several minutes this is definitively flash crash

#52     Apr 17, 2013
  3. gkishot

gkishot

4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

so... until 2011 miners have lost money doing their job ?
    nice, thanks, there's always something to learn :D

#54     Apr 19, 2013
  5. moarla

moarla

people need to understand that paper gold is nothing, phisical gold is money.
    Gold was not traded, paper gold was traded...

who cares about paper...

#55     Apr 19, 2013
  6. toolazy

toolazy

who cares what was traded. Paper money buys you smoke, and other fun stuff.

It is up time for gold till further notice.

#56     Apr 19, 2013
  7. Butterball

Butterball

That's a fallacy. The average production price is a variable, not a constant: it depends on gold demand. High/low demand equals high/low production price.

If demand for gold collapsed then so would the average production price, because only mines with the lowest-cost production profiles would survive.

#57     Apr 19, 2013
  8. zdreg

zdreg

" because only mines with the lowest-cost production profiles would survive. "

that is not quite the case. mines survive but may close down for a period of time. furthermore the gold production may be hedged at higher prices so production would still continue.

#58     Apr 19, 2013
  9. Sheesh.. this always happens. When "an analyst" on TV says something, do the opposite and you have more than 90% chance of winning. I've used this technique a few times myself.

#59     Apr 19, 2013