HAHA flat for 6 hours and 25 mins, the last 5 minutes a surge up to new highs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, May 29, 2009.

1. we're in a bull market. that's what happens. The financial crisis has been fixed by printing a trillion dollars.

The dow went form 14000 to 6500; what a 100 point rally? You should have made a killing.

#11     May 29, 2009
  2. Ooo there's must be some nice recovery on the way. BUY! BUY! BUY! (Sarcasm, of course). I may not have been in this game for a decade, but the craziness going on now, is just mind numbing.

#12     May 29, 2009
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Another thing that bothers me is that anytime we get some small pullback, talk of "money on the sidelines" starts to get louder and louder. Its constantly being said, but what I don't understand is I heard the same pathetic talk when the markets started to collapse back in 2007. Everyone would mention how there was enough money on the sidelines to help any short drop off in the market, however as you can see talk of all that money on the sidelines was helpless.

So anyone thinking that this is money from the sideline entering the market in full force is probably mistaken.

#13     May 29, 2009
  4. If bernanke & his cronies inflate the hell out of everything, we could see 1100 on S&P. That said, you'll have gold near $1,100, crude near $85 etc.

IT'S A WASH! No 'real' gains unless you're a leveraged futures trader.

Stock_Paper_Trader,

did you crawl out from under your rock during the last 10-minutes? I thought you already admitted this is a bear market rally?

Interestingly, I do agree that they'll just keep printing money to pay for the derivatives losses...even as they total another $1 - $2 trillion (maybe) as commercial is the next shoe to drop...

We'll see.

I think it's PRETTY CLEAR that we should be buying. I mean, crude looks like it runs the risk of going parabolic & nobody seems to care that THE AMERICAN CONSUMER HAS NO DAMN MONEY ANYMORE...so forget corp. profit growth.

I wrote a post this morning noting the THIN, THIN VOLUME TODAY....spikes like this in ES are only possible when something major happens or there isn't enough liquidity.

#14     May 29, 2009
  5. Here's a suggestion....STOP listening to all the talk, one way or another :D

#15     May 29, 2009
  6. stock_turd3r is back.

Sorry bulls, your party's over - guaranteed.

:D :D :D

#16     May 29, 2009
  7. S2007S

S2007S

IF.

They are inflating everything with the almighty printing press thats why the dollar is down and oil is up greatly over the last month. I agree that its going to be a total wash, with oil rising it will only hurt the consumer in the long run once again, corporate profits will also take additional time to start and climb again as energy priced skyrocket once again. Gold should certainly be above $1100 at this very moment. Crude near $85 and say goodbye to more retailers and consumers hold back even more to pay for that gallon of gas.

#17     May 29, 2009
  8. Here is an eye opener. We are knocking on resistance door. These 3 minute surges have become pretty standard. Now the media can tell everyone we had another month of gains.

#18     May 29, 2009
  9. donnap

donnap

oops, sorry...I hit the wrong button. :eek:

#19     May 29, 2009
  10. The month of May, alot of nothing. Wonder if we start June off like we did May, a surge to new highs then sideways all month.

Keep in mind June is the end of Q2 you know it's gonna get juiced.

#20     May 29, 2009