haha A flood killed the dinasours?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by athlonmank8, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jem

jem

You are such a well written snake.

Try answering the question

1. I did not ask if the universe runs on chance... I asked if there was enough time and matter for chance to create what we are currently living in.

If you had even half a brain you would know why your spew was non sense. .

2. Then if you believe there was enough time and matter to create all this randomly... the next question is given all the fine tunings in this universe is there any chance we got here by chance.

1... A real scientists would answer the first question as probably not... or no way...

2. The second answer is -

Bernard Carr is an astronomer at Queen Mary University, London. ...

But what it comes down to is that there are these physical constants that can’t be explained. It seems clear that there is fine tuning, and you either need a tuner, who chooses the constants so that we arise, or you need a multiverse, and then we have to be in one of the universes where the constants are right for life.”

http://www.philosophypress.co.uk/?p=137

#31     Jun 25, 2010
  2. lol late night. I've been doing that a lot lately.

Anyways, regardless anyone arguing against creation and thinks that some big explosion created us needs their head examined. The chances of that are a billion times less likely than creation.

Anywho, not here to make a scene so that's all i'm going to say :).

#32     Jun 25, 2010

3. Exactly. I take the firm opinion of a tuner (God). For some reason that whole concept seems to escape people. :confused:

#33     Jun 25, 2010
  4. stu

stu

ok so you think it's down to multiverses or a sky wizard.

#34     Jun 26, 2010
  5. SKY WIZARD RULES!

#35     Jun 26, 2010
  6. stu

stu

[​IMG]

#36     Jun 26, 2010

7. A scientists can be a christian but a christian cannot be a scientist.

Christians:
    Let their beliefs father their science.
    Their faith to father their thinking,
    And wishes to father their facts.

#37     Jun 26, 2010
  8. Jem, why would the god design this way?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Here, I highlight several outlandish features of the human genome that defy notions of ID by a caring cognitive agent. These range from de novo mutational glitches that collectively kill or maim countless individuals (including embryos and fetuses)..."

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/05/04/0914609107.short?rss=1

#38     Jun 26, 2010
  9. jem

jem

Its too easy for a biologist with a phd to tell me something which I can not counter. I would have to go back and read alot to start having a truly informed debate on biology.

but I am do have a fair bit of physics in my background.... over 20 years ago. ....

Perhaps you can explain why many top physicists now say this..

Bernard Carr is an astronomer at Queen Mary University, London. ...

But what it comes down to is that there are these physical constants that can’t be explained. It seems clear that there is fine tuning, and you either need a tuner, who chooses the constants so that we arise, or you need a multiverse, and then we have to be in one of the universes where the constants are right for life.”

http://www.philosophypress.co.uk/?p=137

#39     Jun 26, 2010
  10. jem

jem

#40     Jun 26, 2010