haha A flood killed the dinasours?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by athlonmank8, Jun 24, 2010.

1. This destroys what destroyer wrote. Consider X(0), X(1), ... X(n),.... X(k) is state of world at epoch k. You described a theory of movement from X(K) to X(K+1), but you forgot the most important issue: How did X(0) came about, and what is X(0)?

God created X(0), not theory can explain X(0). Evolution theories/ etc spend time on movement from X(k) to X(k+1), to hide the real issue: X(0).

So it is about the initial state. That is where God comes in, not to mention X(k) to X(k+1) transition is easily theorized but never tested to be true.

#21     Jun 24, 2010
  2. The exact same thing can be said about god. God did not create X(0) because god was already there. The argument then becomes who created god? And the infinite regression continues...

#22     Jun 24, 2010
  3. There are two cases related to your question (in either case we assume god exist otherwise your question cannot be posed:

1. Concept of time applies to god: your question would be applicable in this case, and it is a real issue

2. The concept of time does not apply to God, which means God transcends time. It also means God is eternal, and does not have antecedents, nor successors, associates, etc.

Consequences:

If God is to exist, God cannot be an object, a human, a theory, etc. This should easily remove a lot of religious conceptions such as Jesus is God, and the other Gods out there. With regard to Jesus, this does not mean that original Christianity is not a true religion. It would rather mean that current Christianity conception is not correct at least partially. My personal view is that Jesus maybe a messenger of God to humans, but he is not God.

Therefore if God is to exist, you got essentially just two conceptions of God that are solid: the jewish concept of God and the muslim concept of God. They refer to the same God (God of abraham) by the names of Hashem and Allah.

One issue with the Jewish conception of God is that God is the God of Israelites. This does not make sense if it means that he is not a god of the other creatures including non israelite humans.

The only God I have not found yet an inconsistency in its description is the God described in the Quran. It is a god of everyone and everything (including animals, creatures, plants, planets, etc).

#23     Jun 24, 2010
  4. No it doesn't, I didn't mention the Big Bang or how the first cell, or even matter, came to being. All I did was try and explain how evolution works and why we have evolution of the species on this planet as we speak regardless of how or when everything started.

The issue of X(0) is a different issue, separate from that of evolution. I see no point in debating how it all started as none of as has got enough information at this point.

#24     Jun 24, 2010
  5. I'm not debunking theology, nor am trying to prove that the bible is wrong. I was merely trying to do what the educational system in wherever mister peiltraveler is from had failed to do for him.

As for your other questions, we simply do not have enough information about the subjects, so my guess would be as good (or worthless) as anybody's.

#25     Jun 24, 2010
  6. stu

stu

Yea but…. it’s because there is true and scientifically provable evolution of the species, means there’s a magical mystic beardy sky wizard conjuring it all up.

#26     Jun 24, 2010
  7. jem

jem

When you can show that it is reasonable to say that all this got here by chance... you might have an argument to put down people who suspect there was a Creator.

As of now top scientists are starting to acknowledge there is no way this happened by chance -- if there is only one universe.

You can see why the poster right above you backed off the science once the correct questions were asked. He clearly has a scientific brain.

#27     Jun 24, 2010
  8. There are people who try to use evolution to say that what we see is not a creation of God, and someone did it on this thread. The notion that there is evolution is not something special or unusual. It is part of nature, and there is nothing special in it. A virus has evolution as a vital part: it transitions which makes it hard to fight.

Here some other things: everyone knows there is Gravity on earth. It is a force that we know exists. why there is pulling and how is it done? In science they model gravity, but they do not know the force.

So in addition to X(0) of the things that change, there is also the things that do not change (like gravity). Where do the forces that do not change come from?

When earth rotate, you expect someone to be throw out of earth. Instead they are pulled. I want to know about the pulling, and its origins. Every physicist I asked this question either did not answer, or confused modeling the force with the force. (the guy who confused the force with the modeling of the force is not a physicist but he may say that he has a a degree).

#28     Jun 24, 2010
  9. stu

stu

If you're going call natural circumstances - chance, then anyone can show how the universe runs on "chance".

There is science which proves natural circumstances - "chance" happens in Evolution. destroyer was being honest, not trying to pretend there was equivalent science to prove origins.

Whereas you being deceitful , try to drag up your own personal version of fantasy science after having altered what one particular scientist said. You clearly have no scientific brain.

This thread's OP is the same old outdated creationist wet dream.
    Because science works, people must always choose without thinking, a giant cloud goblin called God is the ultimate magical Cosmic Creator, because the Bible Book of Magical Spells says so. Even in the face of any other explanations whatsoever no matter how compelling.

Hard not to smile - the creationists' dilema in the 21st century. Natural conditions or a sky wizard.

#29     Jun 25, 2010
  10. Allah is god?

#30     Jun 25, 2010