Haggerty Entries

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Maverick1, May 7, 2003.

1. forgot to mention, you must have other strategies as well, cannot always rely on one strategy. Good guy, knows what he's talking about.

#31     Aug 4, 2003
  2. Greg B,

Thanks for your reply.

I sent you an e-mail via EliteTrader. Please take a look at it at your convenience.

Thanks.

-- ITZ

#32     Aug 4, 2003
  3. 1-2-3 Works well. You must come with good mental discipline. Playing with top and bottom is rough but can be done by the mentally strong. It is all in the head........... respect the losing trades and avoid the pain. If we bat 50/50 the risk to reward will make us money.

#33     Aug 5, 2003

4. I agree with the gist of your remarks, but I must contend point 1... implicit in that point is an assumption that if you are not averaging more than 1 trade a day, you are not profitable... looking back at my records over the years, in some of my best trading periods ever, I averaged around 1 trade a day during some very profitable times -- bubble periods mainly --- admittedly of late, 3-4 a day seems about average, and a 15 trade day occasionally rears its head... much depends on market conditions and choice of trading methodology/methodologies... volume and profitability are not necessarily inversely related since then, by taking the argument to its extreme, you would be suggesting that the scalpers are the most profitable bunch of traders...

#34     Aug 5, 2003