Had to post this - Student loan fugitives

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by drsteph, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I never finished but had one full time AND one part time job while I was attending.
    And still managed to make the Dean's list once.

#31     Oct 26, 2008
  2. ET873

ET873

I only read the responses up to page 3, but the simple solution would be to have the school retract the degree until the monthly debt payments are made.

#32     Oct 26, 2008
  3. Um, he was a music major.

And I ended up studying econ and test in the top .01% on most standardized tests but I fully regret taking my parents advice to take out school loans and go wherever I wanted. Coming from a not-so-well-off area I really didnt understand the full extent of my parents financial retardation until I got out. I was an idiot, but I was coached to be one so ...

#33     Oct 26, 2008
  4. GGSAE

GGSAE

That's a horrible solution, every jackass with student debt and a degree in witchcraft will go for this deal.

#34     Oct 26, 2008
  5. This is what they mean by "saving the financial system".

Having people into debt up to their eyeballs before they grow pubes.

#35     Oct 26, 2008
  6. Nanook

Nanook

So, I spent $160K on a music degree, found out I didn't like the biz, and then it happened...

...I discovered the EliteTrader website!

So my first question is: Is selling naked puts really safe?

#36     Oct 26, 2008
  7. ET873

ET873

Ok. Again, it comes back to planning ahead and not investing time in worthless degrees. I would like to major in "do whatever the hell I want for 4 years" as well, but I was more responsible than that. If you buy a house or a car and cannot pay for it, then someone will come and take it back. No reason not to do the same with degrees.

#37     Oct 26, 2008
  8. haha I would trade that piece of paper to cancel my school loans in a heartbeat. Nobody has ever asked to see it, and probably nobody ever will.

PM me your name and I will write you in on my ballot this year.

#38     Oct 26, 2008
  9. very safe, just use other people's money.

#39     Oct 26, 2008
  10. Nanook

Nanook

Other people's money, AGAIN!!! You people are so generous!

:p

#40     Oct 26, 2008