Had to post, Shanghai down 2.77%

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Apr 18, 2007.

1. The Chinese equity market declined about 4.5% overnight, largely in response to better than expected Q1 ChinaGDP figures (+11.1% vs. 10.4% expected and +10.4% for Q4), which stoked the fears of higher Chinese interest rates, and global pressure on Chinese authorities to let the Yuan rise (vs. the $)....

Well second dip- it hurt us last time. This time I think since the fear is over interest rates, economic growth and the level of the Yuan the effects here should not lead to another full scale correction. Last time it felt to me like it was about stock valuation and that becomes much more scary because it effects all ADR's and our stocks in comparison as well...

The result may be a quicker move by Chinese authorities to control their currency and re value upwards and they needed that kick in the pants.

What to short? Maybe Industrial stuff for a while until the dust clears.

The cards however folks are starting to stack up against us-- India has all but stopped going up and if China can be turned over well it's a GLOBAL slowdown ahead of us not just US....

Stay tuned....

#41     Apr 19, 2007

2. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D :D

#42     Apr 19, 2007
  3. Quote from EqtTrdr:

quick.. what happens every time market gaps down????

Answer: Buying.....

unless of course..."this time is different"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

#43     Apr 19, 2007

4. :eek: :eek: :eek:

#44     Apr 19, 2007

5. congrats once again to all those who play the ZERO RISK buy the dips for FREE MONEY system!!

#45     Apr 19, 2007
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

I'd rather congratulate the permabears who have the whole, incredibly complex global economy all figured out and just know there's a crash 'round the corner. Maybe you'll be right one day, but not sure if you'll have any funds left for shorting.

No free money systems on the long or short side but with risk management there are smart ways to play this...

#46     Apr 19, 2007
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

#47     Apr 19, 2007