Had a chance to use an iPhone in real life setting: Gigantic POS

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 24, 2008.

1. That because you had 8 other websites going, it has nothing to do with popups. If you're gonna knock the iPhone, at least know how to operate it.

It was telling you that there were too many open, and was asking you to close some of them before you open up some more.

[​IMG]

^The above is two different websites open. Iphone can only handle 8 simultaneously.

#11     Feb 24, 2008
  2. but what exactly is apple's next big thing? ipod basically carried the stock up, followed by the hype of iphone. If you compare ipod vs other mp3 players and iphone vs other smartphones, the iphone falls far below the ipod in term of market edge.

Their apple tv flopped badly, mac is about the same as before.

What is the next big thing that's going to carry apple? I just dont see it.

PS I use the at&t tilt smartphone running windows mobile 6, most times running at 3g broadband speed, it's truely like a mini windows xp, you got email, browser, gps, google map, java, im, etc... for a lot less than the iphone cost.

#12     Feb 25, 2008
  3. it's true, my iphone doesn't work too well with the japanese av sites either:D

#13     Feb 25, 2008
  4. Joe

Joe

Yea whats up with that, no flash? There trying to hold on to quicktime, since flash can play movies. As you have seen on You tube, or most any other video website these days. This is because everyone has it and it is the most compatible.

#14     Feb 25, 2008
  5. iphone = one of the most over hyped pieces of junk technology ever

I tried one out at the AT&T store and not only was the speed so painfully slow that it makes you remember the days of dial-up modems but the web browser kept crashing on basic websites (NY times for one). I was mainly interested in it for trading on the road so I was probably more picky about performance and stability than most retail buyers. Some people have told me how great it is and much they can't live without it (hmm that aapl kool-aid must be good).

Verizon has a much better network nationwide and when you combine it with a real wireless device like OQO v2 you really have a good remote trading solution.

#15     Feb 25, 2008
  6. Joe

Joe

#16     Feb 25, 2008