H2O2 inhalation

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Talked to my friend. He is appalled people inhale hydrogen peroxide into their lungs. Chronic inhalation of hydrogen peroxide is patently ridiculous.

The way to avoid COPD later in life is to either not smoke in the first place or to quit smoking ASAP and hope it is not too late. Leonard Nimoy died of COPD even though he had been cigarette free for a long time, for example. My chemist friend is concerned inhaling hydrogen peroxide over the long term could actually result in COPD and other lung diseases. He also laughed when I told him what you said about oxidative stress being a health benefit. He had no opinion about the alledged cancer curing power of hydrogen peroxide.

Regular vigorous excercise, when it is not contraindicated by a doctor, is the best form of stress that will yield established health benefits and possible longevity benefits. Proper diet, adequate sleep, and avoidance of bad habits is the best one can do to give themselves the best chance for a long and healthy life.

#21     Mar 1, 2019
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Did you forget to mention to him that it was from a study done by University of California - San Diego??? Maybe he could have laughed even more?

Also you could tell to your friend that lots of vaccinations are nothing but a weakened form of the disease so the body gets ready (immune that is) when the real disease shows up? Maybe he should have learnt that in school.

I tell you what. I believe Trey Ideker, Ph.D. who is a researcher at University of California, San Diego over your friend, if you don't mind.

Of course if you (or your friend) have an actual argument, don't hesitate to post it!

#22     Mar 1, 2019
  3. I hear that sniffing glue can really help you keep it together.

#23     Mar 5, 2019
  4. ROFL just saw this that's cutting to the chase isn't it:D

#24     Mar 6, 2019
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, my good old friend, H2O2 is back in the picture:

"Hydrogen Peroxide
    According to the CDC, household (3 percent) hydrogen peroxide is effective in deactivating rhinovirus, the virus that causes the common cold, within 6 to 8 minutes of exposure. Rhinovirus is more difficult to destroy than coronaviruses, so hydrogen peroxide should be able to break down the coronavirus in less time. Pour it undiluted into a spray bottle and spray it on the surface to be cleaned, but let it sit on the surface for at least 1 minute.

Hydrogen peroxide is not corrosive, so it’s okay to use it on metal surfaces. But similar to bleach, it can discolor fabrics if you accidentally get it on your clothes. “It’s great for getting into hard-to-reach crevices,” Sachleben says. “You can pour it on the area, and you don’t have to wipe it off because it essentially decomposes into oxygen and water.”"

Now since we get the virus most of the time via mouth, maybe inhaling H2O2 doesn't seem to be that crazy...

But forget about inhaling it, what about just gargling with it a few times a day, or at least one comes back from the store?

But wait, there is more:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    #25     Apr 2, 2020
  6. speedo

speedo

Brightens teeth also.

#26     Apr 2, 2020
    Pekelo likes this.
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Those Italian doctors...

Might hydrogen peroxide reduce the hospitalization rate and complications of SARS-CoV-2 infection?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7308628/

Anyhow, in the last couple of days I have put a little H2O2 into my humidifier, because why not. Some people have been doing this for months and they sleep better. I am not sure if it is related but my dreams were more vivid. Will report back on this later on.

#27     Mar 5, 2021