H1N1 Black Swan? CDC Says 40% in US May Contract H1N1; Hundreds of Thousands May Die

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 25, 2009.

1. zdreg

zdreg

how about moving?

#51     Jul 31, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

maybe the young with the lazy work habits and me me attitude are not worth saving compared to hard working immigrants and older generations.
    remember the US obama government is interested in power. a flu epidemic would give them an excuse to extend the power of government. and their friends.

#52     Jul 31, 2009
  3. Mercor

Mercor

This is the first phase of the Obama healthcare.
    Cull the sick.

#53     Jul 31, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

cull the sick is a very gentle phrase ie euphemism how about using the word triage? even triage is a euphemism.

#54     Jul 31, 2009
  5. I think this is getting very serious, even without the virus mutating when you hear about the rate of speed at which it is spreading you have to be concerned. Govt and WHO have already acknowledged they are completely powerless, there should probably have been a travel ban to all infected regions months ago. Now it's too late. This will probably be one thorn in the foot of the recovery.

Personaly I am very concerned about it, will start to wear a mask in public places if disease continues spreading at that pace. I hate getting the flu , this swine flu from what I hear is either very mild or very bad on you. I am not taking chances.

#55     Jul 31, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

"i am not taking chances" wearing a mask will do the job?

banning travel? under your obama and with the pretext of disease u will not be able to travel in the US.

more power to EL Presidente. what a disgrace.that is happening to the US.

#56     Jul 31, 2009
  7. I'd wear a mask, hell I'd wear a hazmat suit before I'd get injected with a rush-to-market, untested vaccine.

As I posted earlier in this thread the H1N1 virus currently has a worldwide mortality rate of 0.5% so ANY vaccine is going to have to have a PROVEN mortality rate much lower than that before I'd even consider it.

#57     Jul 31, 2009
  8. zdreg

zdreg

do u think governments put out true numbers?

#58     Jul 31, 2009
  9. Does it matter? Even if the numbers are ultra conservative and the real mortality rate is triple the posted numbers at 1.5% I still wouldn't take a vaccine with 0.5% mortality rate.

Why? With the virus you may never even come in contact with it. Yes if you do get the H1N1 flu, you have a 1.5% chance of dying, but factoring in the chances of contracting the flu to begin with, makes your over all % MUCH lower. With the vaccine you are guaranteed to have that 0.5% chance of dying since you elected to have it injected.

#59     Jul 31, 2009
  10. Everyone does realize that this press release by the CDC is complete BS. As with all bureacraices, they need to rant and rave about things like this in order to justify their almost worthless and useless existence. Funding time is coming up soon.:)

HINI flu, like SARS, like Mad Cow, like a dozen other scares, will be forgotten within a year.

#60     Jul 31, 2009