H1N1 Black Swan? CDC Says 40% in US May Contract H1N1; Hundreds of Thousands May Die

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 25, 2009.

1. You shouldn't need the vaccine, correct? Your body has produced the antibodies to H1N1 virus.

#31     Jul 30, 2009
  2. Alarmist B.S.

#32     Jul 30, 2009
  3. 300+ million people in the states are exposed to the normal flu every year. How many have been exposed to the H1N1 virus?

Since 1958, 18 astronauts have died during a mission. During that same period, 540 traffic guards were killed. I'm pretty sure working as a traffic guard isn't 30 times more dangerous.

#33     Jul 30, 2009
  4. How have you and your family and the County and the State determinded he was exposed to H1N1?

#34     Jul 30, 2009
  5. I don't know.My doctor said I should still get the vaccine when it becomes available

I'm guessing since I had it I would be somewhat immune,but if it mutates I wont.Again just a guess

#35     Jul 30, 2009
  6. The vaccine are generally made for the average Flu occurring in the U.S. at the time and for the averaged aged person with an average Blood Type.

No thanks.

BTW: Ian notwithstanding I think most of this is overhyped BS

#36     Jul 30, 2009
  7. That's just it Doc.Who knows?

Being totally intellectually honest, the possibility exists he got some bronchitis/sinus infection, and on either his 1st or 2nd trip to the ER got exposed to H1N1 in the waiting area.

Not being a smartass, but how would anyone ever know where/when the exposure happened?

#37     Jul 30, 2009
  8. I am not going to say H1N1 is nothing to fear at all but in the scheme of things there are a lot more things to be scared of. Even if the original article's, predictions are 100% accurate and 300k people die from H1N1 that's statistically a pretty low number.

Think about this: in 2005 there were 1.21 MILLION LEGAL abortions in the US. With over 45 Million between 1973 and 2005. (http://www.abort73.com/index.php?/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics).

Compare that with other leading causes of death in the US:
    (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm)
    • Heart disease: 631,636
    • Cancer: 559,888
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 137,119
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 124,583
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 121,599

Finally Consider this article on the H1N1 virus...

http://www.livescience.com/health/090611-flu-pandemic.html

"If it's really something to fear, this flu pandemic seems like it's taking its time.

We first heard about "swine flu" in April. Now we're supposed to call it the new H1N1 strain of influenza A.

We first heard that the new flu was wildly fatal in Mexico. Yes, most of the deaths — 108 of the 144 worldwide deaths as of this afternoon, per the World Health Organization (WHO) — so far have been there and every death is a tragic loss, but that nation's overall H1N1 flu fatality rate currently is 1.7 percent.

Worldwide, the virus currently has a 0.5 percent fatality rate. For comparison, perhaps as many as 10 percent to 20 percent of the victims of the "Spanish flu" of 1918–1919 died. It killed an estimated 50 million people in 18 months. "

#38     Jul 30, 2009
  9. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

The UK is in a near panic

— 110,000 new swine flu cases in England last week, based on data from GPs

— 150,000 people obtaining Tamiflu without seeing a GP since last Thursday

— 51% to 53% proportion of children reporting side-effects from taking Tamiflu

— 1 in 158 people in England have contacted their GP with flu-like symptoms since outbreaks began. The rate is 1 in 77 for children aged 1 to 4

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/Swine_flu/

#39     Jul 30, 2009
  10. And from articles I've read, Britain's drug stores (they call them Chemists) are out of masks, thermometers and sanitizing hand gel.

I hope it ends up like the Bird Flu. The press tells us we're all gonna die, and hardly anyone even gets the sniffles.

#40     Jul 30, 2009