H1B Visa program has already ruined this country

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jinxu, Apr 4, 2011.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_caste Indians in senior positions are helping their own http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_caste by hiring only http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_caste engineers when possible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_caste is part of their criteria for looking for qualified candidates.

There. I Fixed It.

#51     Apr 5, 2011
  2. Other poster:

You see, the foreign workers hatched a plan many decades ago to lobby the US government to force businesses to contribute large amounts into a government Ponzi scheme on behalf of their employees. Thus, making it inefficient for businesses to hire Americans as compared to foreigners who are here temporarily on H1B visas.

Outrageous income taxes (one of the highest in the world) on companies didn't ruin this country, but H1B visas did. Talk about a sideshow.

Unimaginable regulations designed to suck productive capital out of ventures did not ruin our country, but cheap labor did. lol

Unions, protected by the government, did not make it inefficient for businesses to operate, but some vegetarian did.

I guess spending a trillion dollars every year on an empirical foreign policy had nothing to do with ruining the USA. Instead, let us blame a person who probably does more work for less wages.

I agree with you that the shape of our country is not good, but the anger is misdirected towards a minor issue.

#52     Apr 5, 2011
  3. "When I asked management why the jobs of the THREE non-Indian workers (me and two associates), were being terminated, whilst the Indians were being kept on,...I was told to "WATCH IT". (i.e my question supposedly had "racial" overtones)."

You now understand why corporations have embraced "diversity".
    It is simply brainwashing to prevent workers from defending their natural interests.

You cannot understand India without traveling through India. Americans think indians are "smart" only because we see the top 3% here in the USA. India (while beautiful in some ways) is a filthy, horrid country. People burn mounds of trash and feces in the street to such a degree in places people's faces and teeth are stained black from the soot. The poverty, disorder, and chaos is unimaginable to a westerner. It is a pion society. The very few are masters, below them are armies of "nothings" who clog the streets and even relieve themselves (number 2) right on the curb with no compunction about it.

We once had a nation, and national leaders, who worked for the national interest. Increasing innovation and capital would be deployed for the benefit of american workers. Well, the system sprung a massive leak. Now, real wages cannot rise because there is almost unlimited cheaper labor from turd world nations.

Americans have been in denial fueled by repeated bubbles and debt based consumption. The fact is, it does not have to be this way. The notion "we" could not have a nation working for most Americans again is simply an ideology.

Why should "non-workers" care? Well, i think everyone should. Turd world nation status is not something America should aspire too.

#53     Apr 5, 2011
  4. Take a look at Qualcomm in SD. It is same same everywhere. The only place where you don't H1s are jobs that require security clearance. If you are non-Indian, tell your youngster to stay away from engineering/IT, etc.

#54     Apr 5, 2011
  5. Other poster:

A single wolf cannot kill a bison/bull but a pack of wolf can kill a bison. When the number of foreigners in USA increases there is possibility they will try to dominate because there is strength in numbers. Foreign workers will try to bring in more foreign workers so that they have more support and try to be dominant. It is human nature to dominate.

USA allows foreign people to start business in USA. Everybody thinks of their Motherland and their fellow people. So there is possibility some foreign business owners will employ their countrymen.

If I am correct 90% black people voted for Obama.

Not all foreign workers are bad. Many have contributed for the development of USA but not all foreign workers are good either. You have to target bad people (foreign and domestic).

#55     Apr 5, 2011
  6. Wait a second, how could this be? I thought we were moving towards a brave new world when all peoples would all be one "family" of diversity and multiculturalism? Now you tell us the multi-cultists lied??

USA: A nation of fools suckered out of their birthright for 50 years and counting.

#56     Apr 5, 2011
  7. Good or bad, there are too many foreigners in a single industry, creating an overwhelming excess of workers.

#57     Apr 5, 2011
  8. I agree. Anytime anyone asks me, they are usually surprised that I say to stay out of those areas, but IMO, you are correct.

The careers to be in are ones where you need to be live on site to perform them, requiring both people and technical skills, IMO. Those will be the most difficult to outsource. Me, I have given up entirely, and just trade/invest/gamble for a living, now, and plan to do that till I don't want to anymore.

#58     Apr 5, 2011
  9. With all of our technology today, foreigners don't even need to enter our country to enter our work force.

Our jobs are being contracted out overseas for the compelling fact that foreign labor is 1/5 or less then in the US and no need to provide benefits or any employment taxes.

H1B Visa is still restricted compared to the E2 investor visa which allows a US company owned by foreigners to bring in their own workers without limits.

#59     Apr 5, 2011
  10. really?
    How come you make H1B holders responsible for your job loss? Are you maybe less qualified than the brightest that come to the US for IT jobs (most likely so, as the pool of highly qualified people is a lot larger than what the US has to offer ON AVERAGE (not talking about specific cases). Or were you too inflexible to accept a salary cut at the same time when laid off financial engineers and traders become waiters and waitresses in NYC? Or is it really that your skin color is not brown or yellow enough. Sorry to be a little cynical but I find it hypocritical to blame H1B visa holders while your nations majority has opted for cheap and low quality manufactured products (including services and software). How is it that for decades American expats have populated the last corner of the world and you now have huge issues that foreigners are entering your home turf? Could it be that you need to adjust to the new world order?

Just my 2 cents...

P.S. I work and live in HK and witness first hand how white people deliver pizza and shine shoes of mainland Chinese having their second residence in HK and driving around in Porsche and Ferrari. Get used to it!!!

#60     Apr 5, 2011