H1B Visa program has already ruined this country

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jinxu, Apr 4, 2011.

1. +1. I'm not one for making sweeping generalizations, but by-and-large they exhibit a lack of abstract reasoning. I don't see this nearly as much in team members from eastern europe or the US.

#41     Apr 4, 2011
  2. Why only Indian workers are appearing in discussion in this thread? No Chinese, no Russian, No European and others.

#42     Apr 4, 2011
  3. jinxu

jinxu

Maybe this is why:

[​IMG]

#43     Apr 4, 2011
  4. _PD_

_PD_

This has been going on for 20 years.
    I've seen several jobs advertised which required more experience in a software language than the number of years it's even existed. My guess is that the company then whines to the govt that it can't get experienced workers and we need more H1Bs.

#44     Apr 4, 2011
  5. I have now been "unemployed" for 12 months after having been replaced by H1B and L-1 workers at the company I was working.

After working for 18 years as a Senior Analyst/Test Lead Programmer, I was called into my managers office at an Insurance Company in Hartford, and introduced to 5 Indian programmers from COGNIZANT SYSTEMS, INDIA. I was told that I was to teach these people everything I knew about the system I was working on. This same situation was presented to 2 other U.S citizens who started working at the company the same time as me. They too had to "hand over" their systems.

After three months, these Indian programmers were able to run the system without my assistance,...and my job was TERMINATED. These Indian programmers were on L-1 visas and their team leader on a H1B. When I asked management why the jobs of the THREE non-Indian workers (me and two associates), were being terminated, whilst the Indians were being kept on,...I was told to "WATCH IT". (i.e my question supposedly had "racial" overtones). All these Cognizant programmers are still working at the company, and driving brand new Toyota Camry's,..while I sit at home battling to find work and worrying about how to pay the rent.

This state of affairs has continued in full force at United Health Care, where Perm-Staff, Green Card Holders, Naturalized and born U.S Citizens have been replaced by Indians. Even Chinese and Russians workers were given the boot and replaced by Indians. It seems that the only requirement for keeping your job,....IS TO BE INDIAN.
    I have written to my State Representatives and Joined TORAW in the vain hope that something be done about this situation.

I'm sad to say that things for NON-INDIANS are even worse now than when I got laid off a year ago.

http://www.zazona.com/shameh1b/Horror.htm

#45     Apr 4, 2011
  6. jsmith

jsmith

This is absolutely true here in the Bay Area with all the tech companies. I have friends working in both Cisco and Intel who talk about it.

Indians in senior positions are helping their own nationality by hiring only Indian engineers when possible. Nationality is part of their criteria for looking for qualified candidates.

#46     Apr 4, 2011
  7. H1Bs are originally intended for extra-ordinary professionals like Albert Einstein, Linus Torvalds etc.
    But due to the unethical nexus between politicians and corporates, H1Bs standards are diluted.
    I believe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_democracy will fix this problem.

#47     Apr 5, 2011
  8. ehsmama

ehsmama

HA HA HA.. WE INDIANS HAVE AN EVIL PLAN TO TAKE OVER YOUR COUNTRY...
    I Propose That US GOVT let Obama be replaced with an H1-B Indian.. as he can't do his job well.
    haha
    Get a life Man...
    If you can't get a job...Create your own job..Start a company..

#48     Apr 5, 2011
  9. MWycliff

MWycliff

A couple of comments on a subject I have experience with.

With 1.5 Billion people, why can't India innovate anything?

1. Indians in general provide extreme low quality products. If you want quality labor and products, pay more and go to oriental nations such as Malaysia.

2. Poor Indian quality is a direct product of their genetics, religion and caste based culture. Compared to a Germanic, the Hindoo is physically weak, he tires easily. Therefore he tends to short cuts in his work. The Hindoo mind is also defective because of its adherence to a absurd religion. He is reactive, never proactive. The Hindoo mind is incapable of conjuring any innovation.

3. For the Hindoo, excellence and workmanship is not part of their vocabulary.

Why does the USA import so much low quality Indian IT labor ?

1. The Hindu will hire another Hindoo. Ask the arabs, they know this more than anyone else. A Hindoo manager in Abu Dhabi will hire a retarded Hindoo over a better qualified Filipino.

2. Language. After centuries of British rule, the Hindoo speaks English better than any other Asiatic. English is the language of global business.

Will the H1B program be cancelled?

1. NO. The H1B is part of the ongoing multi cultural program to saturate, dilute and weaken the populations of the Germanic first world nations.

2. Corporations run the USA. Corporations save money by hiring a Hindoo H1B at 3/5 wage rather than hiring a native born American.

3. The H1B program is a corner stone of NAFTA. No Democrat or Republican will do anything to jeopardize NAFTA. The dilution of the population with foreign multiculturalism is a paramount objective

#49     Apr 5, 2011
  10. I have observed many statements from Indians when they appear in media, many Indians want Indian born citizens to occupy/hold high profile positions in USA such a politicians, owners of giant companies. When Obama was elected president many Indians started dreaming of Indian origin USA president.

If any Indian businessman acquires/buys giant company in rich country that is headline in Indian media. Many Indians desperately want Indian origin USA politician (do not know for what reason).

2 days back India won the cricket world cup and India is on cloud 9. I think Indian prime minister was watching the final.

Obama's statement ""The dollar is just an illusion" - the US currency was actually not worth anything" appeared on the internet the same day when India was playing cricket world cup final game.

#50     Apr 5, 2011