H&S on the Dow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Loukas, May 30, 2002.

1. Loukas

Loukas

Hey all,

This is actually my first post, I wanted to hear some opinions about the following:

The Dow seems to be forming a H&S formation, and it is testing the neck line currently. If broken, this formation gives a target of 1000pts below, at about 8800.

Since "the trend is your friend" in cases like this, I would like to hear some further opinions as to whether we are headed into a significant bear move.

Regards,

Loukas

2. ron2368

ron2368

Whatever its doing it is at that lower trendline amid dropping volume. The monthly is more interesting to me, a multiyear top with a failed rise-summer 2001- then the decline of Sept 2001, now a return to the lower trendline/neckline, 10k is currently the magnet.

Though I track it, I try to put more credibility into the bigger averages like sp500 and nas compx. I think the dow has been holding the mkt up when at times it looked to fall .

The dow is the only index I track that has not given a monthly sell thats into its second month. Actually no month or weekly sell signal yet. The dow is so out of tune with everything else I look at thats why I hate it( but thats why I keep using it).

That said I think there is tremendous pressure to keep stocks up in general. Thats why the Merrill stuff got settled in like 2 weeks.

3. TAfool

TAfool