Gynesis Project for Es Intraday

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Gynesis, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Gynesis

Gynesis

Ha! for once I don't know what to say...

I'm an average guy, though some say that's not so. I grew up in a household with the value line spread across the kitchen table. I love technical trading, although I know the long value game is the best bet in the house.

I maintain a small futures account that I lovingly refer to as my "vegas account". And, I enjoy developing strategies for short term play. The genesis project is an indicator like all others built on nested arrays of equations, It's in it's fourth year of revision.

I saw this journal page the other day and thought it would be interesting to log some screen captures for it.

Es 15m 4/11/17, nice opportunity for points.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Gynesis

Gynesis

this is Es 15m 4/10/17

3. Gynesis

Gynesis

here is the overnight signal, notice the shadowing on the graph. I happened to be awake, or trying to the go to sleep as it were, when the alarms started going off... I watched it, but didn't want to take it in the overnight. Just seems that on the rare occasion when it fails to produce a tradable event it occurs in the overnight. Or maybe it's just that the overnight is unpredictable and too much a proxy without limits for the major market. Whatever, I try to stay away from trading it... especially when I'm hoping to fall soundly asleep.

4. Gynesis

Gynesis

so took a small trade off a mid session low, will post up photos later, I'm pretty good at getting into a trade... but I'm not good at all when it comes to managing it for best profit. I get the whole cut a loss bit, maybe too well. but winners? or maybe I'm cutting all of them too close and should just let them range a bit.

thoughts?

5. I thought you were a gynecologist.

Gynesis likes this.
  6. Gynesis

Gynesis

that'd work better than my trading... lol. went long 39 on Es and looks like i may have left it too soon.

7. Gynesis

Gynesis

yep, I left it too soon.. but any trade that ends positive is good trade

So here's 15m for the Es along with the gynesis signal I traded. Should note here that the signal occurs at sometime within the bar it marks, but usually indicates the following bar will be a swing bar print. I don't consider a market bias invalid until price trades back through that swing bar. anyway... another day in the books. oh and this chart includes the 3am euro open that was also flagged, may have mentioned that here earlier... just didn't wanna stay up to babysit the trade so I passed on it.

8. Gynesis

Gynesis

Just opened up the overnight on 15m Es, wondering if that's going to be a bottom. Got the alerts, but didn't take a look. The open on the ring of fire isn't usually a big mover.... oh well enjoyed time with the family and that's worth more than a good trade, most days.

IMG_0346.JPG

9. Gynesis

Gynesis

wasn't able to trade it, but this is what happened in the overnight into the open today of the Es 15m charts with custom indicator I built. I also run this indicator on Nq and Ym since they all rarely stand for long in divergent conditions. Nq signaled the short occurring just before the euro open at 3am. IMG_85D8AEE29928-1.jpeg

here's the Nq during the same period on a 15m chart, the indicator needs to be tuned for the Q and Y as of now it is built for the E and has the best reliability there.
    IMG_F49938D8D1BB-1.jpeg

10. Gynesis

Gynesis

so I wound up taking a short position on the E based on a signal given on the Q and confirmed by the price action in Tf. I closed a nice spread of points, but terribly early for the move. that said, I have a belief based on looking closely at my own trade history that holding out for big moves often results in scratch trades. The sum of losers plus the increased frequency of scratches leaves me in the position of needing the big winner to produce results. kind of waters down the feel good in trading, but it keep trading metrics in line... it's a hard thing to do when you know how good a homerun feels.

here's the chart on Nq, I shorted the Es based on this trade signal. the other charts will follow as well as some interpretation of the signal and it's range of presentation.

IMG_C969029B9289-1.jpeg

#10     Apr 13, 2017