GWR -----Buy/Short/or stay away

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by $CostAverageMAN, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Always interested in how some of my old winners are doing....So in a normal volume screen I did tonight I was interested to see GWR with a nice little spike in volume today....

notice the 100 day and 200 day M/A crossover that hit today....One point of interest....RSI just touched the 30 level (Oversold)....Money flow did pick up today and somone was a pretty big buyer by the looks of things....
    EPS and EY continue to be in a steady uptrend even though growth has been negatively impacted, but leveling off....With a current P/E of 7.8 and a moderate outlook I would keep an eye on this play if you like a little extra risk!!!

From the latest filing which I just read that snapshot of all seems to be under control in regards to debt and 2007 outlook.....some wishful thinking that could occur in 2007 that would positively increase the numbers.....Lumber shipments increase as housing begins a slow recovery toward the end of the year (The market is always 9 months ahead or longer)....We actually have an early and deep winter...Increasing coal shipments and volume....freight rates increase dramatically as the un-pipeable ethanol and grains starts to clog up the rail lines and increase demand....The commodity boom continues and demand stays at least constant or increases....Mexico gets it's rail line and bridges fixed that were damaged in the storm.....

Read the latest 10-K for more details....Painted a gloomy picture, but the selloff may be over...

$COSTAverageMAN

• gwr.png
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Well I'm 60% out of this play today.....Nice little 13% in a not so best of breed rail play.....

Well only BNI outperformed during this time frame....I pat myself on the back...

$COSTAverageMAN

3. Here is the daily...Volume can be so important to finding a key reversal day

$COSTAverageMAN

• gwr.png
      File size:
      14.1 KB
      Views: