Guy Spends Night In Jail For Filming Cop

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 11, 2013.

1. jem

jem

One of the reasons I am so concerned about govt power... is that I learned that within district attorneys offices there were plenty of prosecutors who care far more about winning than the constitution. And few have the balls to dismiss cases which are close even if they think the guy is innocent. Cops can make any case close.

Cop departments have large groups of Cops who see it as Cops against the bad guys and who gives a shit about the Constitution. I think the do the right thing cops may get outnumbered over time as they get so jaded.

So it seems to take a lot to get a cop fired because there are always plenty of cops who think he was just doing his job.

Working for on capital hill and then working for law enforcement pretty much turned me into a libertarian.

I am truly concerned about the people exercising govt power.

#21     Apr 11, 2013

2. Okay.

#22     Apr 11, 2013
  3. I realize that you are intimidated by me, Max. :)

#23     Apr 11, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

The do the right thing voters are already outnumbered.

#24     Apr 11, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

What's intimidating about a male nurse in drag?

#25     Apr 11, 2013
  6. Totally agree.

The prosecutor's job is supposed to be to see that justice is served. Many see it instead as getting convictions. Unfortunately, many jurors do not understand this. They naively believe if the government is prosecuting someone, they must be guilty.

#26     Apr 11, 2013
  7. JamesL

JamesL

[​IMG]

#27     Apr 11, 2013
  8. Thats right Jem . . . and thats why one cannot lump everything on Obama, These type of things will happen no matter which party is in the White House.

#28     Apr 11, 2013
  9. I don't disagree with you. Maybe I see it as a little closer situation than you guys.

I don't think cops in public have the right not to be videoed. That said, i can see how if you're writing someone up and they keep sticking a cell phone in your face, it could get annoying. I wish someone would look up the cellphone as weapon issue. I seem to recall reading about it.

Like it or not, there was apparently an ordinance prohibitng smoking in that area. Lots of beach towns have similar ones. People don't like going on the beach and having to deal with someone's cigarette smoke. And of course, the anti-smoking nazis want to outlaw it everywhere, even in your own home. I'm not defending it, just saying it is what it is.

I think these guys could learn a valuable lesson here. When dealing with cops, particulalry if you're in the wrong, it's a very good idea to chill out and go along with the cop's program. In other circumstances, copping attitude with them can get you tazed, beat up or shot. Again, not defending it, but it is what it is.

Cooperation has to stop when they want permission to do a search or start asking incriminating questions. Just say, "sorry officer, I'm not comfortable answering any questions without an attorney present." Or "sorry officer but I am not granting permission for a search." If they search anyway, which they will, don't try to stop them.

Cops in resort towns are always dangerous. They have to deal with a lot of belligerent drunks and out of control people, plus they assume you are not a local and won't stick around to press a complaint.

#29     Apr 11, 2013
  10. BSAM

BSAM

The jury picking business in this country is a joke.
    If you don't want to be selected to waste your time, just speak what's on your mind and tell the truth.

#30     Apr 12, 2013