Gurus Trading Their Own Systems?!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Spectra, Apr 3, 2007.

1. but those guys probably aren't really gurus like Linda or Jack Hershey, or any of the other weirdos hanging out here. Flame away.

#21     Apr 12, 2007
  2. John D. Arnold, of Centaurus fame (the other side of Amaranth) is going to start a nat gas trading website where he will dispense trading advice for $19.95 a month. He figures that if he gets 75,187,970 subscriptions, he can double his money. He's always had the entreprenuerial bug.

#22     Apr 12, 2007
  3. HEHEHEHEHE !!

Ok guys, your cracking me up. I think we all understand what you are trying to say .

I think its pretty well understood by most people here that these Forums here are meant for Trading and Trading alone.

And the blatant focus on acquiring "wealth" thru selling call signals (whether it be for education or the actual calls themselves) should be kept at a minimum around here.

Nuff said !!!

#23     Apr 12, 2007
  4. Most definitely! I don't care how good of a trader I get. I'll always keep my real estate and other investments. The markets could crash at any time. The future is not certain. Diversification makes me feel a tad bit better.

As to the comment on George, Donald, Linda or whoemever. I'm willing to bet all my money that they all have multiple income streams.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#24     Apr 15, 2007
  5. Rocko1

Rocko1

If you make more money doing something besides trading, then it becomes obvious that your talent lies in whatever you do primarily, and not trading; therefore you shouldn't qualify as a "guru".

#25     Apr 15, 2007
  6. Not sure I see the logic in not being able to be good at more then one thing. uh ha! but what if you make $120,000 a year on your rental properties and $119,000 year trading. Should you then call yourself a real estate expert.

I'd consider teresa lo a guru but she does many other things besides he work with esignal.

#26     Apr 15, 2007
  7. Rocko1

Rocko1

Yes I see your point, and you can be right theoretically. I never said multitasking successfully is impossible.
    It's just when you're truly successful at one thing, it becomes unnecessary to do anything else for money.
    I have never met a high valued individual in real life who jumps back and forth between one business model to another.
    It's human instinct to exert the least amount of work for the maximum potential of return.
    It then becomes probable that if you have to sell books, signals for money, you're probably not making it trading.

#27     Apr 15, 2007
  8. Some individuals are good at multitasking especially if they are getting help with it from other individuals.

Some individuals are not good at multitasking and such will cause them to underperform in one of the task.

Further, many of the worlds top athletes making millions each year playing their sport...

They are multitasking as resturant owners, tv commercials, book deals, lecturing at sports camps, modeling, singing et cetera depending upon which star athlete we could be talking about.

However, I don't think they are multitasking all of these things on their own without any help.

Thus, they have others managing and helping setup these extra income sources for them.

Remember Michael Jordan doing the Hanes underwear commercials at the peak of his basketball career...

I consider him to be a high valued individual. :D

My favorite was the Wheaties cereal commercials but he dumped them when they wouldn't agree on paying more money to prevent the contract from expiring.

Therefore, its a human instinct for some individuals to use whatever talents they have to exploit other things for a profit...

Especially if you have good organization skills or have someone managing all your extracurricular activities.

Simply, I don't think Hanes would have hired Michael Jordan if he was just a resturant owner and not a basketball star nor do I think the average resturant owner is sitting in a waiting room to be interviewed by Hanes.

Some can multitask, some can't while others aren't interested.

Mark

#28     Apr 15, 2007
  9. I agree with the top post.

Milk it for all it is worth.
    Of course some gurus are better than others.

#29     Apr 15, 2007
  10. I have respect for those who can multi task like Alex. I'm still learning to play the drums. Moving all my limbs at once proves hard enough.

#30     Apr 18, 2007