Gurus Trading Their Own Systems?!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Spectra, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Interesting, how much would people be willing to pay for daytrading signals for ES which average 7-10% profit per month?

Can't decide how much to charge. :D

#11     Apr 4, 2007
  2. MGJ

MGJ

The grown-up version of this same idea is: get registered and start a hedge fund / CTA business. The manager trades his own money on the signals, AND the manager trades client money on the signals, AND the clients pay the manager a slice of the profits. Precisely what people here are wishing for.

Clients also get to inspect a real-trading, real-money track record before investing. Except for the million dollar minimum, what's not to like?

#12     Apr 4, 2007
  3. Yep, I know two former room owners who now run hedge funds.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#13     Apr 4, 2007

4. Ha Spectra I like to hear things like you have stated in the above. I myself have always been resourceful in finding ways to produce multiple income streams. However, in all due respect I would be careful in what you say in the above. There is nothing wrong from making income from your chatroom at Puretick. But openly disclosing the situation can cause resentment among many others who view this act as questionable.

Its just this whole thing about capitalizing and selling the service of trade signals that turn many old school die hard Traders off.

I know you say just doing Trading would be boring. But I personally know several full time traders who eat sleep and drink Trading for decades now.
    And trust me they dont have any kind words for Services like Puretick and TTM. They feel like the truly best World class Traders will make money on their own buck and their own buck alone thru personal Trading.

That being said I still think PT is one of the better services out there but I would just be careful when you post in here and disclose in detail your financial streams.

#14     Apr 5, 2007
  5. Thats ok Jimmygold. I'd rather traders know the truth up front. They cant resent us a little for having wealth, as long as they learn something and make money with our traders. Which has been really hard the last week I might add. Easter volume has been horrid.

I hope traders can handle the truth.

I'm not one for placing sneaky ads saying 'make $5,000 a week off a $2,000 account' Trading is hard. We'll help as much as we can and be upfront about our business and what it offers.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#15     Apr 10, 2007
  6. i totally agree with cajun, and LBR as well, btw.

while i do not have a "system" in the sense of a mechanical system, i most definitely have tightly defined setups, that are profitable

i *also* teach

and i *also* manage OPM

diversified income stream is awesome. and teaching is hard work, but it's a RISK free income stream, unlike trading, which, no matter how good you are - always involves risk

teaching is also FUN. and teaching others, i have found, improves your own trading

as usual, the bashers in ET hate to see anybody else succeed (*since they are most likely unsuccessful) and thus all mentors and rooms are "scams" and such.

also, as to the hedge fund thang, it (usually) takes a well established pedigree, and significant startup costs to start a hedge fund.

i would not even CONSIDER an actual hedge fund (as opposed to just basic OPM management) until i have far more liquid assets

#16     Apr 10, 2007
  7. fvmn

fvmn

If some guy is so good at basketball why is he working as a coach instead of playing himself?

#17     Apr 12, 2007
  8. i heard Ken Griffin is coming out with a system, just to you know, augment his income.

#18     Apr 12, 2007
  9. I head that Paul Tudor Jones cut neighbors' grass until he made his first 100 million. But it was mostly to keep from getting bored with just making mere millions

#19     Apr 12, 2007
  10. George Soros still does a little computer repair work on the side, and he rents out his coach house. Just to help pay the bills.

#20     Apr 12, 2007