Gurus now bearish on GOOG?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by dividend, Jan 1, 2006.

1. So it looks like GOOG may be down about 50 bucks in sympathy with yahoo tomorrow....

#11     Jan 17, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Stock is down 3%. I wouldn't even call that a big move. Big moves are usually 10% to 20%. In fact, with the NQ's down 20 handles, I am shocked GOOG is holding up so well and is only down 3%.

#12     Jan 17, 2006
  3. its will NEVER go down here. With everyone thinking its over its sure to rip to 500.The fact is maybe YHOO missed because GOOG is taking away market share.

#13     Jan 17, 2006
  4. but think of the hefty gains that many people have and don't want to see disappear, could trigger some panick selling...just a thought.

#14     Jan 17, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

My guess is the avg price the public owns this stock is probably somewhere between 250 and 300 a share. I don't think they are worried about their gains disappearing in this stock. I think they are more worried about their other tech names in their portfolio that have given up a years worth of upside in 2 trading sessions.

#15     Jan 17, 2006
  6. Yahoo just posted bad numbers, and on the news tonight they said the CEO was paid 250 million last year w/stock options. Yahoo is also up quite a bit from the lows of 11 a while back. GOOG is going to continue higher, anyone shorting it is gambling not trading. All GOOG seems to be doing is normal retracements from time to time.

#16     Jan 17, 2006
  7. Well, it went down but for different reasons....

#17     Jan 20, 2006
  8. Raize

Raize

Man I feel lucky I got out this morning. I totally didn't see this coming.

#18     Jan 20, 2006
  9. kinda interesting how goog made an (interim) top at about 450$ in mid January 06... when news was getting pretty bearish....

now down over 100 points since...

any comments? is this one of the times the herd of analysts is right?

--

(to be fair i thought it had a good chance in jan of rippin' higher due to all the bad press... u know, that whole contrarian thing)

#19     Mar 13, 2006
  10. Gurus?

#20     Mar 14, 2006