Guru Dennis Bolze missing

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DWV, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Sushi

Sushi

larry Williams make 99percent of his income from gurudom. He says himself that his sucess is mosstly non repeatable and he needs other income to sustain his lifestyle. And many here would say Williams is a fraud. Weak example. Still waiting

#51     Jan 24, 2009
  2. I am fairly certain that anyone who believes Larry Williams legitimately won that single trading contest over 2 decades ago and who believes that he is an example of a good trader, is probably not a profitable trader himself. I simply cannot believe that successful traders can be quite so gullible. I do not refer to the percentage returns. Rather, I refer to the considerable controversy surrounding his and the broker's conduct at the time of the contest, his astonishingly pathetic efforts at money management at that very time (hint: these are not likely to be independent events), and the walking dead who attend his overpriced seminars.

#52     Jan 24, 2009
  3. Sushi

Sushi

there you go. Larry Williams is a bad sample of success. Still waiting for proper example of independent trader who reached bolze success just by trading. There ain't any

#53     Jan 24, 2009
  4. <i>"Still waiting for proper example of independent trader who reached bolze success just by trading. There ain't any"</i>

Actually, there are a number of them reading your words and laughing to themselves right now.

But let's go with the pretense that you're right. Assume no one has ever made a few million $$ trading their own money. Not a single independent trader on earth, ever. OK... you win.

That said, why are you here? If trading is so futile, why are you wasting your time in a public message board geared towards traders? Should Barron take this newsflash and pull the servers, file bankruptcy and fold up shop here?

I personally doubt that bigfoot exists. That doesn't compel me to haunt the bigfoot seeker websites expousing how it's all b.s. Thought of wasting precious time like that has never once crossed my mind.

Why are you wasting your time here? What's the personal payoff for ya?

#54     Jan 24, 2009
  5. MarkB

MarkB

Austin, I think that's exactly what it's about. This little fish person can't do it so it's important to him/her to find validation by having everyone else agree that no one else can either.

Again it has nothing at all do to with this thread. Whether you make a fortune trading your own money or someone else's is one matter. Stealing, claiming to trade to profit a client account is another.

#55     Jan 24, 2009
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

MarkB,
    What do you think about Dennis? Was his stuff any good?

#56     Jan 24, 2009
  7. Sushi

Sushi

this is getting pittiful as gurus come out of the woodwork to defend there craft. I'm da little fish cause I want evidence of the claims when evidence that the success claim of indupendent traders being false is overwhelming. Yes evangelists and traderpreachers liitle ones only ask question the rest simply believe. All hail the gurus!!

Still zero evidence that any independent non opm trader sucking on the management fee teet has ever lived the bolze lifestyle without other substantial income,fraud etc.

Bring it on traderpreachers.

#57     Jan 24, 2009
  8. Sushi, lets be honest with you here. You're a wanker.

#58     Jan 24, 2009
  9. blueone

blueone

Wow, I can't believe Dennis, had me fooled, followed his blog forever, really thought he was genuine. Everyone talked to him like he knew it all, trading was simple and so profitable. I tried to follow his style ( papertrade only) I could not for the life of me get anywhere close to his results, thought I was just stupid. Everyone was enlightened by him, his after the fact setups looked accurate, but then again so does everyone's. I never could trade futures profitably, too fast for me. But I never noticed the Emporer wasn't wearing any clothes:D

#59     Jan 24, 2009
  10. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

there is more money ripping and stealing trader money than teaching traders to trade.

not enough traders to make a living teaching traders.

#60     Jan 24, 2009