Guru Abreaction

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Emil Kraepelin, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Why doesn't Tiger Woods' putting coach, driving coach or short coach do any tournament play? Why are some of the greatest individuals in any field doing consulting work?

"Those without the comprehension of success or selflessness can ever instruct those wishing to achieve it." Einstein

#11     Apr 1, 2007
  2. Veiling an insult through use of a thesaurus makes it no less of an insult. I would ask you to reexamine your motives for the creation and continuation of this thread, but I am sure you are already well aware of them. My hope is that others come to a realization.

-Raystonn

#12     Apr 1, 2007
  3. Opra

Opra

Because Tiger's coaches do not claim to be the greatest golfers...

#13     Apr 1, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Emil, I wish you well in this endeavor. I have been puzzled a bit by the same question but now I have generously applied the ignore button and can go back to my happy place.

There seem to be two outlooks on life, one being that life is a playground, the other that life is a battleground. Those philosophical differences may be erecting a huge barrier between the participants in the ongoing discussion, no?

#14     Apr 1, 2007

5. I think it is more about those who have or are willing to put in the effort to succeed in every area of live....

and those who have a believe system which keeps them believing that it is impossible for them, and of course impossible for all others, to excel in any chosen field of endevour, much less, life in general.

It's all about believe systems.

#15     Apr 1, 2007
  6. Continuing with my assessment of the B-Team, I am disturbed by a general tone of self-righteousness, reminiscent of the prohibitionists. They seem to want to save the A-Team from "demon guru" whether they wish to be saved or not. They appear to believe that the trading method smacks of a religion, or a cult, a conclusion supported to some extent by the seemingly irrational devotion of its supporters. Are the detractors so stupid that they cannot comprehend the merits of an admittedly complex system? Are they neophobes? Are they confusing present events with prior historical parallels? No matter, they seem to be paranoid on the issue. And decidedly in the minority on ET.

#16     Apr 1, 2007
  7. My dear Raystonn, I have no need to consult a thesaurus. I AM a thesuarus.

#17     Apr 1, 2007
  8. So, Optionpro007, to you it is obvious: the B-Team are simply life's losers, the A-Team its winners?

#18     Apr 1, 2007
  9. As for the A-Team, beyond broad generalizations of youth and willingness to believe, it is hard to form a clear picture. They appear from nowhere, as relatively new posters, and tend to vanish back into the obscurity from whence they came. Each new irruption of support for the method apparently spawns a new school of minnows. But one cannot doubt the faith of each new generation. Why do they vanish? Do they simultaneously achieve wealth and wisdom? Poverty and wisdom? Who can say. But one does wonder about their intellectual horsepower, as they have been stuck on "two points form a straight line" going on four months now.

#19     Apr 1, 2007
  10. Not quite.

What I wrote is that to be able to believe that the "incredible" is "possible", one has to have the proper mind set.

It obviously annoys me when people exhibit signs of defeatism.

#20     Apr 1, 2007