Guns. Toys.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aquarians, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Well it sucks. "Hot" rounds. Maybe something Soviet troops were selling to Afghani insurgents in the 80s. But they wouldn't blow in the face of the guy who cocked them. Remember, the Afghan war launched by Soviet Union against Afghanistan. A problem was that these Soviet troops were fuck-poor in their Siberian village or so and perhaps that was the only chance in their all life too see (yet alone buy) something from the Kabul flea market. Where you could buy (and/or) sell anything. Desirable stuff to buy: a pair of jeans. A video player. An attack helicopter. If you had the money it was yours.

Like any Soviet soldier, the guys fighting the war in Afghanistan knew bullets were expensive. Motherland was paying dearly for them to have those rounds. If only you could pass the cost to the enemy in a way that wouldn't hurt you and your side.

Hence "coocked" was invented. Take a regular bullet round pack cost $1 or so in the Soviet Union. Take 2 liters of water and a cooking pot. Dump the bullets in water and "cook" them for 2 hours. Ready to sell on Afghanistan's flea market.

If they ask you for a proof the bullet's still doing damage: 1-2-5 meters around it's killing it. Anything outside point blank range it's gonna be a gentle pat on the shoulders for even non-kevlar wearing soldiers.

#11     Apr 29, 2021
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Fucking moron. Zero sympathy.

#12     Apr 29, 2021
  3. thursday

thursday

But why? Why are people obsessed with gun as a toys?

#13     Apr 30, 2021
  4. Overnight

Overnight

They shouldn't be. Gone are the days you can run around as a little kid playing Cops and Robbers, or Cowboys and Indians. No matter your skin color, you will have 911 called on you, and get shot by the police.

Fact.

#14     Apr 30, 2021
  5. Well I bought toy gun(s) for my kid to play with his friends when he goes in vacation at his grandparents in some remote village where more or less everyone knows each other. I wouldn't let him play around the block in the city, although unlike in the US, chances of getting shot by the police are zero here. I might still end up with a hefty fine though.

#15     May 1, 2021
  6. Part of the reason I buy these toy guns is precisely to impress his village friends. The average income in a village is a lot less than in a city so kids there have to do with much less. Don't think India or the garbage dump near the city I live in ( https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/professional-programmers.358006/page-5#post-5375789 ).

A typical village looks like this: people make a living but a kid there may not have all the "goodies" a city boy may have access to.

village.jpg

So any kiddo there has plastic Chinese toy guns (available for $1-$5). A few and the very select ones have Gonher metal toy guns (at $10-$20). None have ever even heard of Denix, since the entry level toy pistol =~ was $50. So kids there definitely noticed a difference in manufacturing quality. Heck, even my godfather there (who's got a license for real firearms and does hunting) noticed the flintlock replica and toyed with it a bit (never even noticed the many Gonhers laying around - unlike my kid's friends who almost get into a fight when he brings a new one - who to play with it first).

So now I plan to up my stakes yet again >:)

And pay for one of these:
    denix_m1.jpg

#16     May 1, 2021
  7. thursday

thursday

Thank You.
    If anything we have learnt last year, Gun should have been abolished long long time ago.

#17     May 7, 2021