Guns America article- good read

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LEAPup, Apr 5, 2013.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

" ...All we have left in the current version are “universal background checks, and everyone supports that, right? Wrong! Nobody wants guns in the hands of criminals and those who would harm others, but statistically those people don’t get their guns through legal channels, any legal channels. All this new “universal background check” scheme will accomplish is the creation of national mandatory gun registration system. Within a generation at most, every gun will be registered to an individual in America, and that is a disaster waiting to happen. Gun confiscation always follows gun registration throughout history, and there is nothing to say that today’s politician would-be dictators are any better than the despots of previous generations. And yes folks, it can happen here..."

Benjamin Franklin once said, ” “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

3. pspr

pspr

Obama would disarm everyone today if he could.

4. stoic

stoic

It already has happened in here !! "Remember New Orleans"

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans Chief of Police Eddie Compass ordered police and National Guard units to confiscate firearms from citizens who remained in the area.

Imagine that a massive natural disaster has pounded and ground your town into an ugly gravy of dead, toxic garbage. Phone lines and cell towers are down. 911 is gone. There’s no one but you. Shadows of armed looters and thugs begin combing the streets. They take what they want. They rape who they want. They kill at will. The armed authorities finally arrive. But then, something you couldn’t imagine happening, happens. They destroy the one thing that was standing there between you and anarchy – the second amendment.

They start confiscating firearms from the law abiding. Swat-style teams start swarming block-by-block as if on a war footing. New Orleans was the first city in American history to disarm peaceable American citizens door-to-door at gunpoint. Brave people who were simply left behind when the hurricane hit in one of the most corrupt cities in the United States of America.

This action prompted the "Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006" (H.R.5013, S.2599) bill introduced March 28, 2006

The next time anyone says to you: "Are you just afraid or paranoid?" Look them straight in the eye and say: Remember New Orleans.

If they ask you, "Why does anyone need to own a gun?" Remember New Orleans

If they say to you, “Why does anyone need a high-capacity magazine?” say: Remember New Orleans

What’s wrong with a 15-day waiting period? Remember New Orleans

What makes you think the government would ever confiscate your gun? Remember New Orleans

Is the second amendment relevant in the 21st Century? Remember New Orleans

Local public officials need to be reminded that they were elected to serve the public, not rule over constituents or nullify their constitutional rights. It is imperative that American’s are able to protect themselves, their property, and their families in times of instability.”

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Exactly!

6. LEAPup

LEAPup

EXCELLENT post!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Great clip! Very discouraged with my beloved Marine Corps after learning that 23% from 29 Palms (in a survey), agreed to fire upon American people in an attempt to disarm them.:( :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYlqWfBjLcU

8. I find that very encouraging.. only 23%. That means the rest would at least consider doing the right thing, and in their defense it would be a shitty position to be in. On the one hand your commanders are ordering you to fire on civilians, and on the other you KNOW something has really gone fucking haywire and you don't want to carry out that order. I highly doubt that the majority of soldiers have read and completely understand the Constitution (although im sure you have a better idea whether they do or not), but they are sworn to defend it.. confiscation is anti American bullshit and killing otherwise law abiding civilians over not complying should be a huge deal to anyone with a conscience, soldier or not.

9. wjk

wjk

Who asked this question, and more important, why was it asked? [​IMG]

10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed. I found 23% to be an alarming # as when I was an enlisted Marine, as well as Commissioned Officer, I met ZERO guys willing to do something that evil. And since all of this shit has gone down recently, I've spoken with numerous guys on active duty who said they'd quit their post, and go protect their families when (not if), the shit hits the fan.

Problem is, we're gonna have numerous other nations fighting US on OUR soil when the shtf. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N70rDR9K1A
    Watch at 8:00mins. Numerous other nations coming HERE to run their drills.:mad:

#10     Apr 5, 2013