Gun valuations...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maxpi, Jul 8, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I have to inventory a gun collection for an estate. I found a website a few weeks back that had a thing you could join for about $10/month and get up to date prices on shotguns and pistols and what all but I can't find it today. Does anybody know the site??

2. Schaefer

Schaefer

Shotgun News, is the industry favorite, also mine as well :)

http://www.shotgunnews.com/

Let me know, if you have anything good to sell :D

Schaefer

3. maxpi

maxpi

That must have been it. I subscribed to the bluebook of guns too, between the two I should be able to do what I need to do.

The sale will start when the trust is settled, we have so many people wanting dibs on things, I didn't know shotgunning was so popular. We have mostly high end skeet and trap guns and a few badass pistols. Dang, a Ruger .44 revolver... scary just to look at the business end of it..

When the stuff is on sale I'll pm you a spreadsheet of the inventory. We are in California, hopefully there won't be prohibitive state laws. We are just looking for good homes for all this hardware, not trying to squeeze the market for top bucks.

4. The City of Chicago gives a $100 gift card in exchange for each gun dropped off for disposal. A big city near you might have a similar program where you can get rid of the junkiest stuff in the collection that way.

5. Hey Schaefer. I have a Browning twenty weight 12 gauge shot gun that I bought new in 1965. What is it worth to you?

6. Schaefer

Schaefer

If it is gold inlayed, and not shot very much, I'd say it's about $1100. But don't quote me on this, I'm not much of a shotgun collector.

Schaefer

7. Schaefer

Schaefer

Thanks, good luck with the settlement. I'm in Florida, very gun friendly state :) . If you do sell the firearms to out of state people, you'd have to ship it to the FFL dealer. The FFL dealer then does the NICS check on the buyer, then if everything is kosher, they would do the transfer paper work, and hands over the firearm to the buyer. Well at least that's how it works here in Florida anyways.

Schaefer